Software update: FP4.TP1X.C.079-20231013

Did anyone already install the latest update FP4.TP1X.C.079-20231013?
What is your experience with it?

EDIT: I felt adventurous and installed it. My topic regarding missing CVE is not fixed with this release, however.
Still SnoopSnitch shows CVE-2021-39628-1 “Information Disclosure in Framework” as missing

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random reboots After android 13 update

Did anyone already install the latest update FP4.TP1X.C.079-20231013?
What is your experience with it?

EDIT: I felt adventurous and installed it. My topic regarding missing CVE is not fixed with this release, however.
Still SnoopSnitch shows CVE-2021-39628-1 “Information Disclosure in Framework” as missing

1 Like

It’s currently not offered to me. There is no announcement here in this Forum.

Seems whoever would announce here isnt available the FP3 update was neither announced

Thats the screenshot in German

So soemthing fixed about adaptive brightness, which is now saving the brightness level, else security patch level 05th Oct

1 Like

We have seen reports in the past that such applications are not really reliable.

2 Likes

Yes the CVE is very old but it did not appear in A12…

Anyway the update works fine so far on my FP4. Still I have a problem with “Cellular Connectivity” using a vast amount of battery (>40% of the complete power usage in 8h). This did start with the first A13 upgrade and still is not fixed (even with 5G switched off).

1 Like

On the first boot the home screen (Quickstep) didn’t show up after unlocking; I just had the status bar over a black screen. After a reboot it’s working normally.

Still nothing here (Telekom Germany). Seems to be rather quiet about it.

Here is nothing to, i on hold :slight_smile:

Where? Which provider?

It’s Germany and in my case M-Net (O2) as provider

Update arrived, went smooth. Will post experience next days.

Installed 3 days ago, everything’s fine so far.
The adaptive brightness problem seems to be actually fixed, I’m happy.

1 Like

May I ask that anyone can provide the boot.img for this, please? Much appreciated.

I do not have an option to share my boot.,img with a wide range of users due to bandwidth limitations.
Please PM me if you have dropbox, I could share my boot.img through that to you personally.

EDIT: You could also try this FP4 Root Access is possible, maybe a bit risky - #436 by Lars_Hennig

1 Like

Hello everyone,
The update was installed without any problems. Can’t say anything negative now and I think it’s good that these little stupid bugs are fixed, like remembering the display setting. Has the problem with the incorrect reboots when 5G is activated been fixed?

No, it has not. Still happens.

1 Like

According to the Changelog that was to be expected :wink:

2 Likes

That’s probably true :D. Too bad but not dramatic, the workaround works. Maybe with the next update.