Software update: FP4.TP1V.C.073.20230905 | Upgrade to Android 13

It does, in your wallpaper settings on the FP5. It’s part of native Android.

Did anyone already get the update? And could you share your experience with it?

4 Likes

Oh WOW!!! This is Great! I wait for this Update :slight_smile: , thank you <3

1 Like

I just got the update and so far, everything runs like it should.
Thanks for the work :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Size as stated in the updater is 851 MB.

4 Likes

Here’s the ota.zip for those who need it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wish me luck… :smiley:

brb

4 Likes

Just started the download, too…

1 Like

On a side note, congratulations:
Three generations of Fairphones now on the same (Fairphone OS) Android level at the same time! :+1:

A first, isn’t it? :thinking:

8 Likes

So far everything seems to be working at least as fine as before the update. Also the screen is a lot brighter after the reboot, so that’s a good sign I guess. :smiley:

5 Likes

Downloading just now. Hopes are up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There’s a tiny red dot in the top right of the CAMERA app icon (both on home screen and in the app drawer). Was it there before or is there anything new indicated this way?

As I’m playing with the automatic brightness at the moment maybe a little UI feedback: It’s really hard to distingush the two colors of the small button that indicates wether the automatic brightness is on/off (at least in dark mode) imo.

Screenshot_20231002-192750_1

Screenshot_20231002-192655_1

5 Likes

Might depend on “your button colouring” , mine are light blue turning light rose grey and it seem to be better visible as in your example

2 Likes

I’ve never knowingly changed the default. Maybe ensuring that the active and the passive colour are not too similar for each (automatically selected) colour scheme would be nice.

4 Likes

Thats influenced by your wallpaper and you can just change it, since the upgrade even better. “Off” is always light grey so this does not change

6 Likes

I managed to find an okay-ish accent color in the Wallpaper settings that more or less mitigates this problem.

So, the update is installed. But where do I find these ‘themed app icons’ and ‘new media controls’?

For the icons navigate to ‘Wallpaer > Wallpaper and Style > Themed Icons’:

On my device not all apps are supported yet though, so it leaves a weird speckled pattern of differently colored icons among the uniformly themed ones.

For comparison:

3 Likes

That is a mistake imo. Maybe a feature to keep some minimal amount of contrast for all colors of autogenerated color schemes could be added in a futire update. Its not critical in any way, but would be nice to have imo.