Poll: FP2 coloured external case

Why the first two winners only, and not the three of them? What’s that restriction good for? The more possibilities the more excitement the more buyers.
Though I am a supporter of black on black and dark blue back in black trim, I believe that a white trim and especially light blue in white trim would be rather trendy. But that’s theory. Aren’t there any market surveys telling about customers preferences?

1 Like

@Kristof: Please read my post about this!

2 Likes

The main reason I don’t like the white bezel is that it is so big. Of course the black bezel will be just as wide, but it will not look as big.

And by the way that 3d printed cases for the FP1 looked like, I’m looking forward to Fairphone having overcome that thing!

I have read it.So, we have to accept it. They are the company.
However, at least there has been this polling, and I appreciate the possibility to have a choice from three alternatives at least.
And by the way, any of the new cases will be better than what we have had with the FP1. So, still I’m looking forward to the FP2!

1 Like

Now here is what you can find on the FP facebook page…

“we’ll have more options available in the shop and share news soon about it.”
:open_mouth: :smiley:

We have our winners! Since last Wednesday we received over 12,000 votes. The community favorites:1. Black on black...

Posted by Fairphone on Monday, 7 September 2015

Let’s dream a little bit :wink:
(artisanal work ah! again with MS Word!)

2 Likes

Great work, it does look very nice :grin:
Yet, I still think the black is nicer I can’t get use to white phones… Question of test!

More pictures here.

9 Likes

Oh my god, that’s my preferred color!!

2 Likes

black on black?
that’s not even classic. :wink:
(classic is blue opaque with white rim, well, at least came in 3rd).

And did I mention that I miss a real not-letter-logo?

2 Likes

@Fred That looks absolutely awesome! Didn’t vote for it because it looked kind of … purple. But there on real photos it looks just great. The voting results would be completely different if such high quality photos would’ve been used. IMO, translucent blue with white rim would be #2, and should be because of FP1’s white rim. Translucent blue with black rim really looks far worse, just look. Especially because the camera rim is the phone’s only white part.

They should at least offer us ANY case with a white rim, like #3 opaque blue. I think it’s really bad for marketing not to offer this totally Fairphone-color-styled case. Plain black on black is just as boring as any other phone out there, but a white rim and translucent or opaque blue would be an epic eyecatcher and showpiece.

9 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So true!
@anon90052001, hear us!

4 Likes

Though I don’t like your nasty talk on the black-on-black trim (as I love it!), I agree with you, that there should be offered at least one case with a white trim. I believe that a lot people will like it (though I personally don’t).

3 Likes

Maybe they should make the back cover modular! :smiley:

2 Likes

If that does not have a negative influence on its durability I’d go with that.

Btw, I get more and more accustomed to the black trim + translucent blue cover. So although I still prefer other colors I’ll be able to say that I like that cover.

1 Like

When can we choos the Color ?

1 Like

We’re almost ready to launch the new back cover colors. It’s most likely in the next week(s).

8 Likes

This is great news :smile:
ColorS ? Plural ?! A surprise is coming ? Or you consider the black-black as a new color ? :blush:

My favorite case:

Source

5 Likes