Official LineageOS is here!

Hi @taurui. I’m playing Pokemon Go on the LineageOS+MicroG version and it works well. No excessive overheating (I put the energy saver mode so the screen is black when the phone is upside-down) and the battery discharge is rather high but not higher than the external power bank…

When i press and hold power and select shutdown, then the phone restarts instead of switching off.

1 Like
2 Likes

A stupid question and some bug reporting:

1. I run the 14.1-20171024-NIGHTLY-FP2-LOS-version and I received the new update recently through the updater two days ago. I downloaded the package but I had to do something else in the meantime on another app so I “lost” the updater.

I can’t find it again, nor the file on the internal storage. Do I have another option than downloading the file to the phone and install it through TWRP?

1. On the 14.1-20171024-NIGHTLY-FP2-LOS-version (amaaaazing work btw), same bugs as reported:
  • Reboot instead of shutting down
  • Random reboots (2/3 per day)
  • Small app crashes (Music app, stickers Notes app)
  • Sometimes the screen get distorted (see screenshots below). Turn off and on the screen usually solves the issue.
  • When using a song as an alarm, it lags so the sound is really bad and too slow.

Stupid counter-question: Did you try deleting cache/data?

No, where exactly do you mean? I am just wondering if I have another chance to install the update from the device interface directly.

Settings > Apps > 3 little dots symbol in top right corner > show system > scroll down to updater > storage > clear data.

PS: Sorry I think I misunderstood.

You just can’t find the updater app right?

It’s in Settings > About phone > Lineage OS updates

2 Likes

[quote=“Sylvain_Fairphone, post:173, topic:34448”]

If it isn’t solved with that firmware please post in that thread to get the issue solved.

[quote]- Sometimes the screen get distorted (see screenshots below). Turn off and on the screen usually solves the issue.[/quote]I can’t reproduce that. The only issue I got with screen is that when it goes off it says in the bottom left corner a debug message that the screen is put off.

This is no “Distortion”, but the (new?) 1-Hand-Helper (so you can reach the “entire” screen with your thumb). If you click into the black areas it should go away - but i haven’t figured out where to set/disable this, nor where you can set the command to trigger it (i guess it is some slide-in/out-guesture).

Edit: A short google later: LineageOS gets One-handed mode Feature!

6 Likes

To enable 1 hand mode, slide finger from left to right or right to left on the icons at bottom of screen. :slight_smile:
Chris

5 Likes

In addition to my previously mentioned issues, I just restarted the phone. While booting, instead of the Lineage logo, there is a text mentioning ‘Android is starting’, for like 20 minutes now.
[Edit: Apparently I could get in the powermenu while the message was on the screen. A reboot later and it starts up fine. At least, this time]

I feel that together with my previous issues, I may have to format my phone (maybe include going back to latest FP Open before installing LineageOS) again to get a clean slate.

My current issues with nightly of 14th November:

• Internet (Wifi and mobile) very frequently loses connection. Status icons still mention the connection is fine, but no app can reach the internet (airplane or reboot fixes it sometimes)
  • Camera (v2) is not recognized.
  • Apps crash occasionally; they often run fine after 1 or more crashes
  • Cannot change call volume; I had this already with the unofficial builds. The slider now does appear when volume button is clicked, but the volume doesn’t decrease/increase.

Afaik, these issues are not present with other users, hence I am thinking of reinstalling from scratch. Which I dread btw, as I just finished installing everything after flashing the official from scratch…

Thanks! That was it…

1 Like

Ow, amazing! I had no idea about the one handed mode feature.
But the second screenshot shows a distortion though (top left corner).

@chrmhoffmann the bugtracker is still used for official Lineage OS right?

@Douwe maybe it should be renamed as now it says:

###Community Port: LineageOS 14.1 for FP2###
This is the bugtracker for the community port of LineageOS to the FP2.

1 Like

Update installed via TWRP 3.1.1-2

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm (incl. swiping it off)
  • MyPhoneExplorer
  • root
4 Likes

So what doesn’t work? :wink:
Chris

5 Likes

Don’t worry, somebody will find something :wink: .

5 Likes

That’s life. So, here it comes as a warning and help for users of the feature “adoptable storage”:

My SD card and with it the adopted storage wasn’t recognized anymore after using the Lineage Updater to install this update (20171121).
Before the update I had the nightly from 20171114, which was a fresh install (wiped everything before).

Because some apps and it’s files are stored on the SD card part of the adopted storage, I got an error message from AFWall+ directly after the reboot, saying it’s not working correctly. Maybe the custom scripts weren’t available.

Seemed worst case and I thought about going back with the TWRP backup I made before updating.
But I gave it one more chance and tried solving it with a restart (exactly a shutdown and manual start). And it worked, so the SD card is recognized again and AFWall+ still has it’s custom scripts without the need of configuring something from my side.

A big THANK YOU for your effort @chrmhoffmann and all, who are involved!
You compete with multi billion dollar companies not only to give the users a working smartphone, but giving them freedom and control over their data back!

Some background information:
I switched to LineageOS a few days ago coming from FPOOS 17.10, because of the same problems as @Smojo had. As I anyway had to wipe everything to solve the problems, I wanted to give Lineage OS a try.
Time will show, if I can have Android free of Google, without spending hours or even days just to manage the updates, as I had every time with FPOOS and Xprivacy to be sure, not to make a mistake and have a backup of everything for the worst case.

5 Likes

Awesome, since when does LOS contain the proximity sensor tool? I just saw it.
I can’t really test it as I don’t have any issues but if this works that will make some people really happy.

7 Likes

I saw it appear in the last release, the past tuesday, 2017-11-21. It was a good surprise! And it worked flawlessly for me, :hugging:

Specific commit is here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/commit/33ed4fafe474ea4f62fbad3aeb426fa21337f251

3 Likes