Using LineageOS on the FP2

So I guess it’s save to assume that this only worked in Android 5 (FPOS / Open OS) and is broken in both Android 6 (FPOS / Open OS) and 7 (LineageOS).

Progress, yeah! :worried:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s still an issue on my phone. I also have the latest October build.

I still also have a big problem with random reboots, especially in the middle of the night because the ticking sound and screen lighting up on the encryption unlock wakes me up. @chrmhoffmann @snevas Is there anything I could look for in the last_kmsg.txt file that would show me the cause of this?

Thanks

Yes, it’s still the same. Luckily not a very troublesome problem.

I also suffer from reboots during the night. I don’t know what triggers them, (I suspect it could be Telegram delivering a notification, but I am not sure). It happens during the night, without flight mode and not connected to a charger. I am on the latest build from October 4th with modem files from 17.9.3.
Can I provide some helpful logs or so?

Yes, please always attach /proc/last_kmsg to any reboot issue reported. Otherwise we can’t do anything at all.

Chris

PS: not sure if we can do anything if there’s last kmsg but without it’s clear we can’t.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem!
Phone is rebooting instead of powering off.

Just got a new Fairphone 2 (new camera modules) and auto-updated to the newest Fairphone OS (FP2-gms-17.10.1), which should get the modem also to a recent version I guess. “Power off” worked fine!

@snevas
Then I installed twrp-3.1.1-1-fp2.img and lineage-14.1-20171004-UNOFFICIAL-FP2.zip from here:

WORKAROUND:
Reboot into recovery (tested with TWRP 3.1.1-1) and choose “Power off” in recovery.

1 Like

Hello,

I am sorry for my English which is very bad (I am french).

I received my FP2 on October 4th and I installed twrp-3.1.1-1-fp2 and lineage-14.1-20171004-UNOFFICIAL-FP2.

I have the same problem as you:

• Random reboot (even without using it).
  • The phone restarts when I turn it off.

Concerning the problem of random reboot, for my part, it does not reboot at night with the airplane mode activated.

I can not find the file / proc / last_kmsg with adb:
“adb shell cat / proc / last_kmsg
/system/bin/sh: cat: /: Is a directory
/system/bin/sh: cat: proc: Is a directory
/system/bin/sh: cat: /: Is a directory
/system/bin/sh: cat: last_kmsg: No such file or directory”

It is cat /proc/last_kmsg (with the only space being after cat).

With the spaces, you try to cat / (which is a directory), then proc (which is a directory), then / again (…), then last_kmsg in the current directory (where there is no such file because it is in the proc directory).

Thank you.
Sorry, I’m really bad.
This is: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg

The file is attached:

last_kmsg.pdf (166,2 Ko)

No worries …

• We were all really bad at this computer stuff once.
  • I’m bad with [insert name of poor little plant barely scraping through life in the corner of your room] instead.
  • I can still remember when I was bad with … wait … now I feel old. Sad.
  • Ooooh … a poll!
  • “Who’s BAD?”
0 voters
8 Likes

Have you noticed problems with the focus of the new FP2 camera? Since I switched to the new FP2 camera, I have the feeling that the autofocus does not work optimal.

(14.1-20171016-UNOFFICIAL-FP2, Baseband 4437.1-FP2-0-07)

Problems in general, or in panorama mode?

I think I have a similar problem. Every picture I take seems to be slightly out of focus.

EDIT: The problem seems mainly to occur with ‘OpenCamera’. In the Lineage Camera App the focus works fine and the picture is taken much quicker.

EDIT2: Figured it out… For some reason the scene mode was set to ‘HDR’ (under SCENE MODE… not ‘Photo Mode’). After switching to ‘Auto’, pictures are in focus and taken much faster also in OpenCamera

4 Likes

I think problems in general. Is there any fairphone reference images of the new camera for comparison?

For the poeple watching this topic. See this annoucement:

2 Likes

how can I reliably remove root/su so that I run my banking apps on LineageOS?
Afterwards I will try to install systemless Xposed by means of Magisk as Xposed is now released for Android Nougat.

Just update to the official release and don’t flash the su addon.

3 Likes

I disabled the root access under Developer options and installed Magisk instead and activated Magisk hide for my banking app. This works very well so far.

3 Likes

I disabled it too but no affect. That is properly due to the fact I flashed su addon. How about you?

can I undo the flash of the su addon as the Official LineageOS is perfect yet.