Macbook doesn't recognise FP2

Hello,

since the last updated (Fairphone OS 17.04.08) my Macbook doesn’t recognise my FP2 when I connect it with a USB cable and the program Android File Transfer (Android File Transfer message is “No Android device found. Please connect your Android device with a USB cable to get started”)

It’s very strange because, when the FP2 is connected via USB, the battery charges normally and I have been using this program for 1 year with any problem. I try to change the USB cable, but the problem remains.

Any solution?

Thank you very much

In what connection mode are you connected? My MacBook only recognises SD-Card mode

In Android 6 the connection mode will by default revert to charge only, as a security measure. I’m not sure what mode Android File Transfer needs on Mac, but MTP is a good first guess.

When connected, you can change the connection mode by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the item that is showing the current connection mode. There’s some screenshots in the post below:

Hi! Before the last updated, I used to enter the connection mode by swiping dow from the top of the screen but now, if I do that, there is no item to change the connection mode…

@albertdelleida I deleted your duplicate post. You can answer more than one person in the same post.

That indicates that your cable does not support data transfer so the FP doesn’t recognize that it’s connected to a computer. If the same cable worked before it may be partially broken. It could also be the USB port of the computer. See if you can connect other devices there.

2 Likes

@paulakreuzer Ok, I didn’t know that, sorry

As you say, the problem was the USB cable. I have changed the USB cable and it works perfectly. Thank you very much.

1 Like

you’re welcome :slight_smile: