- This wiki is just a list by FP3(+)-users.
- It is there to share experience with MicroSD cards.
- It is nothing official by Fairphone.
- Fairphone does not sell any of these cards.
- Please DO NOT reply to this wiki, but open a new thread in case of questions.
Othterwise the topic will not pop up, when someone has updated the wiki/list of SD-cards
Which MicroSD cards do work and which do not? Fairphone does not have the capacity to test MicroSD cards and is not in a position to endorse the use of brands or types of cards. So I hope that the community can help to make a nice list of good MicroSD cards.
Fairphone sais that the capacity of MicroSD cards should not exceed 400 GB. If some users are successfully using MicroSD cards of 512 GB or even 1 TB, the experience can be posted in this wiki as well.
Attention!!! → Format SD-cards as external storage
You can format/use SD cards as internal storage (extension of the phone storage) or as external storage.
You will find some explanation on the support page; including pros and cons; and in this forum wiki: “Guide to using SD-cards”
Still, I would strongly advise, to use it as external storage only. If it’s internal storage and breaks, the phone will become unusable. You can’t just change the card for a larger one, should you need more storage or should you wish to play different music, stored on another card. And - finally and most important - the internal storage often leads to trouble on the FP3(+).
This is a wiki, so please edit it with the green pencil above to add your SD card and FP3/3+ experiences. It would be best to keep an alphabetical order; so feel free to add your entry in the middle of an existing list.
It is advised to re-format your SD card directly from your phone.
You find the how-to on the support page.
Example for an Entry:
- XYC CARD x-tra 64Gb (speed warning when used as internal memory, measured read speed 40-50MB/s as external memory)
Please add, if you use a FP3 or a FP3(+). Even though there should be no difference, it can’t do any harm to mention it.
- Kingston HC4 8Gb 6years old moved over from Samsung already with data
- Samsung MB-MC128GA/EU EVO Plus, 128GB, FP3
- SanDisk Ultra Android microSDXC, 64GB 5years old moved over from Samsung already with data
- SanDisk Ultra 16 GB microSD HC Ⅰ (10) A1 FP3, used since October 2019 with no problems
- SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I 128GB Speed Class 10 (4Years in use moved over from HTC U11 freshly formatted)
- SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I 400GB, Class 10, U1, A1 (running fine since 2 years from beginning on FP3 and updated to FP3+)
- Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 (TS32GUSDHC10) (FP3) (old and discontinued, but still in stock in various online stores)
- Samsung MB-MC128GA/EU EVO Plus, 128 GB, LineageOS 17.1 with FP3
- SanDisk Ultra Android microSDXC, 64GB, LineageOS 17.1 with FP3 6 years old and freshly formatted after switching from FP3 stock OS to LOS
- SanDisk Extreme A2 microSDXC, 400GB, LineageOS 17.1 with FP3
- Toshiba EXCERIA M302-EA microSDXC, 64GB, LineageOS 17.1 with FP3, 5 years old and freshly formatted after switching from Wileyfox Swift to FP3
- SanDisk Ultra microSD 400 GB (running fine on FP3 with /e/-Android 9)
- Intenso XC 64Gb Problems started during Upgrade to Android 10 but card is now completley broken, FP3
Install a MicroSD card on your Fairphone 3 / 3+ (linked as support page above):