LineageOS 14.1 with OTA updates for FP2

The testbuild that was built yesterday also still doesn’t have the patches. Hopefully lineageOS will incorporate them soon!

does the testbuild that was built yesterday have the fix for call volume issues which was fixed with Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open OS 17.09.3?

It should, feel free to test it (it flashed perfectly through TWRP). Please log your findings in the bugtracker.

The test build did not solve the problem with the call volume.

can someone confirm that the fix on OpenOS really does fix the issue there?

Chris

I had some other problems with the testbuild and modem from 17.09.3:
1.: one spontaneous reboot during the night while charging
2.: the alarm had a strange behaviour one time: when I wanted to switch it off (slide to the right), the pointer stayed at the right, the sound went away but the vibration did not stop. The phone was not responding to any touch, I had to reboot it by long pressing the power button.

Building a new one now with blueborne patch and latest security patches.
Can you also help me test this build?

1 Like

Test in which respect? Just use and file bug reports or a specific test procedure for this specific build?

Modem files: 17.09.3 (unchanged)

Build date: Thu Sep 21 10:22:51 UTC 2017
Installed alongside Open GApps pico from Thu Sep 21

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC
  • alarm (incl. swiping it off)
  • MyPhoneExplorer (I know, I know, but it’s important for me :slight_smile: )

Looking good :+1: .

I never had any issue with the call volume, so I don’t know whether it was fixed, sorry.

Installed it right now, so let’s see…
Minor nitpick, blueborne scanner tells me phone still is vulnerable…

2 Likes

installed the latest test build. Everything works as usual…fine…
call volume issue still prevails…

Thanks for the hint. Installed the scanner App, says the same to me … Vulnerable.

That’s odd. On my local build it says not vulnerable.

Chris

Same with me. I installed the 21.Sept. build, but it says the security patch level is still 5. August.
It’s the same with my MI3 running LineageOS, too.

Maybe some blob is still required updated? I’m on the newest modem.

Same here: 14.1-20170921-UNOFFICIAL-FP2 with baseband 4437.1-FP2-0-07 has security level 5. August 2017 and is according to Scanner App vulnerable.

Removed build 20170921 as it didn’t contain the patches for blueborne, trying again now.

Btw., I had a spontaneous reboot also with the one from 20170921. This time it has been laying on the table without charger.

I had 1 such reboot with LineageOS (and a few with Fairphone Open OS, the first ever on my phone) with the 17.08.1 modem files, no reboots (until now) with the 17.09.3 ones …

Modem files: 17.09.3 (unchanged)
LineageOS Build date: Fri Sep 22 10:38:44 UTC 2017
Installed alongside Open GApps pico from Fri Sep 22

No change … still Vulnerable according to Blueborne Scanner … and still patch level August 5.

The odd thing is … I had Bluetooth disabled from the start, because I never use it. Shouldn’t this make my phone not vulnerable?

Edit: This article here speculates whether the scanner just checks the patch level to determine the vulnerability.
Let’s just assume that this is true, then it would at least explain how the App can say “Vulnerable” with Bluetooth being disabled. And in a sense it is not so wrong as I first thought, because I could well enable Bluetooth, and according to the patch level I would then be vulnerable. Still … with everyone and their dog now telling me to turn Bluetooth off, and the App still just saying Vulnerable … the wording could be more detailed :slight_smile: