Lineage-18.1: Unofficial test build

No, I was using a OpenGapp free phone, but had Magisk installed.

First impressions after three days of everyday usage:

1. No issues found so far. This is awesome!
  • GPS :white_check_mark:
  • Camera :white_check_mark:
  • Notification LED :white_check_mark:
  • Reboot to Recovery :white_check_mark:
  • Magisk (Hide) :white_check_mark:
  • Adaptive Brightness :white_check_mark:
  • LiveDisplay :white_check_mark:
  • Bluetooth Audio :white_check_mark:
  • Wifi 2.4/5 :white_check_mark:
  • NEW Display Size :white_check_mark:
  1. Did not manage to install UnifiedNlp (bug report is still open)
  2. Battery Life seems a hint shorter, but i did not test systematically
  3. Performance profile cannot be adjusted (did not work on LOS 17.1 either)

In my opinion this build is practically release ready.

7 Likes

Good day world!

Excellent release, thank you kindly @chrmhoffmann and @z3ntu
I actually got my hands on this FP2 beauty from one of my neighbours asking for support. Fun fact: her name is also Chris :grinning:
She had been struggling with some issues for a while. As it obviously needed a factory reset, I decided to roam these forums in search of some more up-to-date software for this device. And boy, did I find some! The latest and greatest, now running smoothly on her I-don’t-know-how-many-years-old device. Battery is pretty much dead though so ordered a new one. Just like that, from the official website, for a smartphone that was launched over 5 years ago. I am really excited about this brand!

After playing with it for a bit I’d definitely call this daily driver material.

Edit: oh and if anyone is looking for a solid installation guide, this is the one: Install LineageOS on FP2 | LineageOS Wiki

7 Likes

I didn’t see a mirror link until now so here you can find the .img file and the .zip file from the first post (08.02.21) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure why, but seems I can’t update the OP anymore. Here are new builds anyway:

Chris

8 Likes

Thank you very much, it’s like music in my ears! :radio: :star_struck:

1 Like

Fm radio :radio: was working before already :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like

FM is still using the repo from arco? Do you know anything about how this will be integrated into the main repos?

Mirror updated

Yes, still from Arco. I don’t know how they will integrate that.

Chris

1 Like

@neolovich could you provide me or let me know where to find the kernel and device sources, in order to ask a friend to build a (degoogled) ROM based on LOS 18.1, please?

Thanks for your work!

@oli.sax no, the links you posted are not enough. Thanks anyways!

Sadly i can’t. I simply uploaded, what @chrmhoffmann provided. So if that, what @oli.sax posted isn’t what you are looking for, i don’t know how to help you :frowning:

Thank you! I will keep searching!

Not sure what’s the issue here.

Device tree tip: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/303769/3

Kernel tip:
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974/+/303895/1

Muppets:

Fm radio:

This should be enough to make exact build of unofficial release.

Chris

1 Like

Just to make sure you know: Moderators restored your ability to edit your past posts recently.

2 Likes

I had already confirmed that these details are sufficient to make an unofficial build. I have been using this tree from quite a long time.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hmm. My builder friend has some problems… For the camera: dogbin - fp2camera
And with the GPS also …
What is the difference between the vendor sources on gitlab and the ones from the Muppets?
Finally, he could build it, but I couldn’t boot it. There seems too many mistakes… Any ideas, @chrmhoffmann or @TeamB58 ? Sorry if this bothers you.
Thanks!

The camera build error should be fixed with this commit. Similar approach to GPS as well.

Regarding your boot issue, too difficult to judge without adb logs.

How do I make the adb logs?

Ah, I found it, at least for TWRP. Here my TWRP log: https://del.dog/lusypypehy Does this help in any way?

Btw, I tried this LOS 18.1 build. Pretty nice work! And all the features of Android work for me. Well done!