Lineage 18.1 - finally official

If you have a screen lock. You can try to remove screen lock prior upgrading.

Chris

4 Likes

It means that you can encrypt again after upgrading with different mechanism/way.

Chris

6 Likes

Can we upgrade from Unofficial 18.1 ? :slight_smile:
If the answer is “not sure” I’ll be happy to test myself :smiley:

2 Likes

Read this please: Signing Builds | LineageOS Wiki

Chris

Actually I didn’t fresh install 18.1 unofficial (it was causing my banking app to refuse to launch), but I installed 17.1 official then flashed 18.1 unofficial.
So -in my opinion- I don’t need to migrate the keys, just flashing 18.1 official on it.

Anyway we’ll see as soon as the new build is available, hopefully this Friday :wink:
I’ll do a TWRP backup first then test all I have in mind :smiley:

5 Likes

As a happy user of LOS 17.1 for quite a while already I can only send a big thanks to all people who make this possible. Now that upgrading to 18.1 comes into reach for me I wonder if someone who has already upgraded could briefly summarize what are the biggest differences between those two? In the previous LOS 18.1 thread I found that pretty much all components should be working and a vague statement about battery life. Can anyone confirm this?

4 Likes

So -in my opinion- I don’t need to migrate the keys, just flashing 18.1 official on it.

SIGH

Please don’t recommend not-recommended procedure to the usergroup just because it works for you. Lineage people might refuse bug reports or other valid concerns when documented procedure is not followed.

Chris

4 Likes

Great news and thanks for your hard work :). Can you hint some general information on improvements over the last official release?

You can start here

3 Likes

The file is up:

https://download.lineageos.org/FP2

9 Likes

update successful, without data loss :smiley:
(I just flashed the zip with TWRP 3.2.1-0)

Thank you to all contributors!

2 Likes

@oli.sax so you ignored all “no goes” by using TWRP and just flashing official over unofficial 18.1 Version without any issues? Thats interesting, however I assume everyone doing this should know, that this can cause issues, correct?

2 Likes

Thats interesting, however I assume everyone doing this should know, that this can cause issues, correct?

Yes - why do I even write instructions.

5 Likes

I removed the lock screen of my unencrypted FP2, created a backup with TWRP and installed 18.1 without wiping the data partition. The phone booted to the PIN screen but would end up in a boot loop after I entered the PIN of my SIM card.

The phone booted fine after I wiped the data partition. When I flashed TWRP again and restored the data partition from the backup I was back in the boot loop.

I restored 17.1 from the backup for now but I will install 18.1. again once I have a plan to migrate any app data I don’t want to lose.

Just thought I’d share my experience to maybe save someone else some time. Thumbs up for Lineage 18.1 for FP2! :+1:

10 Likes

I switched to 18.1 and followed the instructions: formatted/wiped the data partition with the LOS recovery. Worked out very well, +1!

Two things I have noticed so far:

• The LED does not show any light when the battery is fully charged. (In 17.1 the LED stayed green.) The battery icon in the top bar shows that the battery is being charged.
  • In common phone conversations performed with the phone app, some people say that they do not hear my voice very clearly. Can the microphone input be adjusted anywhere?

I would like to thank everyone involved for the hard work to make this happen, great job, thank you so much!

5 Likes

:de: Auf meinem FP2 läuft seit Freitag Abend LineageOS 18.1 + Open GApps (Neuinstallation exakt nach Anleitung).

Feststellungen soweit:
:white_check_mark: Das FP2 bootet deutlich schneller, als das mit LineageOS 17.1 der Fall war.
:white_check_mark: Für den intensiven Gebrauch nach der Neuinstallation sind bisher nur 2 Reboots ganz ok, aber …
:x: 3x musste das FP2 neu gestartet werden, da der interne Speicher nicht mehr gefunden wurde :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.
:x: Mit LineageOS 17.1 konnte Pocketbook auf die eBooks, die in der Tolino-App runtergeladen wurden, zugreifen. Das geht jetzt leider nicht mehr. Das ist wohl eher ein ganz tolles neues Datenschutz-Feature als ein Bug, ist aber trotzdem unpraktisch :roll_eyes:. Oder gibt es irgendwie die Möglichkeit, den Ordner mit den Tolino-eBooks für Pocketbook freizuschalten?

Sonst läuft alles prima. Es ist auf jeden Fall toll, auf einem 5,5 Jahre alten Smartphone ein so aktuelles Betriebssystem zu nutzen :smiley:.

Ganz herzlichen Dank an @chrmhoffmann und @z3ntu!

6 Likes

FYI, I adjusted the volume of the loudspeaker for hands-free callling and have not experienced this issue again.

1 Like

How did you do that? Changed some system file or just via UI?

Chris

Was heisst das? Interne speicher ist die sdcard?

Chris

I lowered the volume via UI, maybe it was an issue with noise cancelling.

1 Like