Lineage-18.1: Unofficial test build

I did finally install the beta on my daily driver phone.
Here is a small report:

1. key migration did somehow not work
  2. flashed the os with formatting Dalvik/Cache only -> resulted in crash of launcher right after unlock, so the phone was unusable :no_entry_sign: :roll_eyes:
  3. Did Factory Reset
  4. Reinstalled LOS 18.1
  5. Flash Magisk.img
  6. Reboot to fresh LOS
  7. Install F-Droid
  8. Install AuroraStore
  9. Install Titanium Backup
  10. Restore all my Apps + Data -> Contact, Calendar Storage and Accounts are gone unfortunately :pensive:
  11. restore contacts and calendar from my nextcloud
  12. Enjoy LOS 18.1 :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again @z3ntu & @chrmhoffmann :star_struck:!

Looking forward to the final release :+1:

Where could I find the kernel and device sources, in order to ask a friend to build a (degoogled) ROM based on LOS 18.1, please?

Thanks for your work!

Is it what you are searching?

1 Like

Didn’t try, as for last migration it was useless :wink:

I did exacly the same (with flashing OpenGapps just after LOS18) and no crash at all. Did you have OpenGapps on your previous install?

No, I was using a OpenGapp free phone, but had Magisk installed.

First impressions after three days of everyday usage:

1. No issues found so far. This is awesome!
  • GPS :white_check_mark:
  • Camera :white_check_mark:
  • Notification LED :white_check_mark:
  • Reboot to Recovery :white_check_mark:
  • Magisk (Hide) :white_check_mark:
  • Adaptive Brightness :white_check_mark:
  • LiveDisplay :white_check_mark:
  • Bluetooth Audio :white_check_mark:
  • Wifi 2.4/5 :white_check_mark:
  • NEW Display Size :white_check_mark:
  1. Did not manage to install UnifiedNlp (bug report is still open)
  2. Battery Life seems a hint shorter, but i did not test systematically
  3. Performance profile cannot be adjusted (did not work on LOS 17.1 either)

In my opinion this build is practically release ready.

7 Likes

Good day world!

Excellent release, thank you kindly @chrmhoffmann and @z3ntu
I actually got my hands on this FP2 beauty from one of my neighbours asking for support. Fun fact: her name is also Chris :grinning:
She had been struggling with some issues for a while. As it obviously needed a factory reset, I decided to roam these forums in search of some more up-to-date software for this device. And boy, did I find some! The latest and greatest, now running smoothly on her I-don’t-know-how-many-years-old device. Battery is pretty much dead though so ordered a new one. Just like that, from the official website, for a smartphone that was launched over 5 years ago. I am really excited about this brand!

After playing with it for a bit I’d definitely call this daily driver material.

Edit: oh and if anyone is looking for a solid installation guide, this is the one: Install LineageOS on FP2 | LineageOS Wiki

7 Likes

I didn’t see a mirror link until now so here you can find the .img file and the .zip file from the first post (08.02.21) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure why, but seems I can’t update the OP anymore. Here are new builds anyway:

Chris

8 Likes

Thank you very much, it’s like music in my ears! :radio: :star_struck:

1 Like

Fm radio :radio: was working before already :slight_smile:

Chris

1 Like

FM is still using the repo from arco? Do you know anything about how this will be integrated into the main repos?

Mirror updated

Yes, still from Arco. I don’t know how they will integrate that.

Chris

1 Like

@neolovich could you provide me or let me know where to find the kernel and device sources, in order to ask a friend to build a (degoogled) ROM based on LOS 18.1, please?

Thanks for your work!

@oli.sax no, the links you posted are not enough. Thanks anyways!

Sadly i can’t. I simply uploaded, what @chrmhoffmann provided. So if that, what @oli.sax posted isn’t what you are looking for, i don’t know how to help you :frowning:

Thank you! I will keep searching!

Not sure what’s the issue here.

Device tree tip: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/+/303769/3

Kernel tip:
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974/+/303895/1

Muppets:

Fm radio:

This should be enough to make exact build of unofficial release.

Chris

1 Like

Just to make sure you know: Moderators restored your ability to edit your past posts recently.

2 Likes

I had already confirmed that these details are sufficient to make an unofficial build. I have been using this tree from quite a long time.

Thanks.

1 Like