Lineage-18.1: Unofficial test build

Just a week after my FP2 died :sob: (screen doesn’t turn on, even after changing it, phone works well through scrcpy though). I have a spare one with antenna problems, I’ll try that build on it…

1 Like

Thanks a lot to both of you for all your work make that true! :+1:
Just wanted to mention that in my case the FP2 is not able to connect to a Fritzbox 7490 when WPA mode “WPA2+WPA3” is set. If it’s set to “WPA2 (CCMP)” then it’s all working fine (it easily connects to Wifi).

5 Likes

And that was working with 17.1?

Chris

Sorry, didn’t try that out. May check this another day.

Just in case you haven’t followed it, there is also a WPA3 issue with the current Fairphone OS (Android 10) on the Fairphone 3. Not sure if this might mean anything for this build, too.

1 Like

I’ve also thought in that but I think it’s a bit different. FP3 can connect but uses WPA 2 only. But strange enough I even couldn’t connect. I had to change the router WPA configuration to be able to connect.

1 Like

I’ve now tried it out with the current 17.1 nightly.
It works with LineageOS 17.1 but connects only via WPA 2. I think 17.1 does not support WPA 3.
Probably 18 supports WPA 3 but does not work well with my router so it can’t connect at all. If I configure the router to WPA 2 only it connects fine because WPA 3 is not attempted…

2 Likes

AFAIK FP2 does not support WPA3, so you will only get a WPA2-secured connection anyway.

Doesn’t it just depend on the version of Android? Starting from 10 WPA3 is supported, not before.
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/connect/wifi-wpa3-owe

I know this behavior from different other (older) devices. It is related to the PMF option which is switch on in transition mode (wpa2+wpa3) automaticly and could not be switched off.

AVM says, some devices do not use WPA3 unless the network is reintroduced (deleted and stored one more time):

https://at.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/wissensdatenbank/publication/show/3544_WLAN-Verbindung-wird-nur-mit-WPA2-statt-WPA3-hergestellt/

I actually had to do that with A.0066 while WPA3 was still working

The system was factory reset and it was the initial attempt to connect to the WIFI network. So there was nothing to be deleted…
Apart from that it didn’t connect at all (not only WPA2 instead of WPA3).

I have used the test build on my spare FP2 and I haven’t noticed any issues :+1:
I am considering to update my main phone as well to give it more thorough testing :wrench::muscle:

@chrmhoffmann
Would you recommend to install this test build as daily driver? Would it be possible to update to the official build after final release?

Or is it similar to the test builds for LOS17.1 where key migration was not possible?

I don’t know.

If you really have valuable and not-synced and restorable information on your main, daily driver, do not do it.

On the other hand, …

Chris

Hello !
I’m running this LOS18.1 test build for two weeks now (as a daily driver), and everything is running fine :slight_smile:

• Got a couple random reboots, but not significantly more than with LOS17
  • I’m feeling that boot is taking longer (when I turn on my FP2 after a shut down), but I’m not sure - do you have the same?

Thanks for the good work!
Cheers,
Olivier

4 Likes

I did finally install the beta on my daily driver phone.
Here is a small report:

1. key migration did somehow not work
  2. flashed the os with formatting Dalvik/Cache only -> resulted in crash of launcher right after unlock, so the phone was unusable :no_entry_sign: :roll_eyes:
  3. Did Factory Reset
  4. Reinstalled LOS 18.1
  5. Flash Magisk.img
  6. Reboot to fresh LOS
  7. Install F-Droid
  8. Install AuroraStore
  9. Install Titanium Backup
  10. Restore all my Apps + Data -> Contact, Calendar Storage and Accounts are gone unfortunately :pensive:
  11. restore contacts and calendar from my nextcloud
  12. Enjoy LOS 18.1 :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again @z3ntu & @chrmhoffmann :star_struck:!

Looking forward to the final release :+1:

Where could I find the kernel and device sources, in order to ask a friend to build a (degoogled) ROM based on LOS 18.1, please?

Thanks for your work!

Is it what you are searching?

1 Like

Didn’t try, as for last migration it was useless :wink:

I did exacly the same (with flashing OpenGapps just after LOS18) and no crash at all. Did you have OpenGapps on your previous install?