🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

I also think that we have some sort of memory corruption. But due to what? Some different router could be the issue. There was a similar problem on one plus 3 where an apple router caused the issue… But I checked the code and we don’t seem to have that exact issue.

I don’t recall if @StevenHachel had the issues before moving to official lineage?
Chris

2 Likes

I also had some reboots in my office with Android 6. It may be that it also depends on the WLan.
As I said … at home it is stable. Very rarely reboots, except that phone gets too hot. But that is a design problem.

1 Like

If advised and applicable, could we eliminate all references to 802.11a in Lineage OS for FP2 for further diagnostics of the issue?

I don’t whether it helps to tell my fp2-reboot story again:
I have got my FP2 in Janary 2016. In the beginning I have had some trouble with the phone, but I don’t remember whether reboots have been included.
in May 2016 I have got a new motherboard.
I changed to open OS as soon it was available, than to unofficial LOS and than to the official LOS.
Before the official LOS I did have reboots very seldom and mostly when I was running OsmAnd together with Bluetooth switched on.
After the change to official LOS I do have more reboots, about one to two a day.

1 Like

Hi Gerry,
I couldn’t reproduce such a behavior at my setting. In case you still have this effect I would ask you to install the “battery charge limit” app (F-Droid). With that app you can limit the charging to i.e. 85% and your reboots should be history. But for that your phone has to be rooted.

2 Likes

nice tool. many thx :slight_smile:

I still strongly suspect this is a clock rate issue. After all, this only seems to happen on AA devices. What I assume is, AA and AB devices all run at the some clock rate (which they obviously should not).

I’m currently trying to find out what memory clock rate FP2s actually run at, but as I’m not very familiar with the LOS/AOSP/Android code base, I probably won’t be fast here. On the other side, I’ve already learned quite a few things about how android works, so digging through this is totally worth it for me, whether I come up with something or not :smile:

2 Likes

I have uploaded a boot.img that resets the kernel to before 3.4.y and deprecated/android-3.4 kernel merges, so approx. what we had before going official.
@StevenHachel and others who have kernel reboots: please try to flash it and report back. If this fixes your issues, I’ll force push this on lineage and then we slowly might try to move on. This kernel will also have f2fs, so it should still boot (it does for me) also on people who moved to f2fs.

Kernel source can be found here:

Chris

1 Like

Okay, I flashed it.
Do I have to flash back tomorrow after the update, or should I skip the update?

Steven

You should take the update and then flash back the boot.img

Chris

2 Likes

Hi Heiner,

Well, thank you for your input, but unfortunately I cannot do this because I do not own a Fairphone 2… :neutral_face:

It doesn’t depend on an FP2. The app runs an (not to old) rooted Android phones. At witch phone did you experience the “92%-issue”?

I did not, but @parisc did. I just cited him to let you know that this is not an individual case. :wink:

@StevenHachel Any news with new boot image?

Chris

no, I made the update at home and flashed the boot image back. So far, everything is stable.
Will see tomorrow how it behaves in the Apple WLan network. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two hours ago I installed the new nightly (20171114) and flashed the boot image. It went smooth altogether and no new reboots until now. The security date is 5. October 2017 still.

1 Like

Yes, the security update was not done in lineage yet.

Chris

1 Like

You mean LOS is still vulnerable to KRACK?

2 Likes

Ah, so patch level isn’t descriptive.