FP3 Software update: 6.A.020.0

Hi everyone,

A new software update based on Android 13 is now available to Fairphone 3(+) users.

Software Version: 6.A.020.0
Security Patch Level: 5th of August, 2023
Update size: 76.72 MB

Resolved issues

• A bug that was causing hotspot/tethering to not work in some situations has been corrected.
  • A bug that sometimes prevented the screen from waking up. (added to release notes 12.09)

Other improvements

• WPA3 encryption has been enabled for Wi-Fi connections.
  • Camera and overall stability of the system have been improved.

Got feedback or a question? Post it below.
Thank you and have a great week! :sunny:

14 Likes

Thank, you, I received the update on Vodafone Germany already, it’s just installing.

P.S.: Installation worked flawlessly, let‘s see how it behaves now.

1 Like

Hi, the link to more information about that upgrade does not work. Where do I find the release notes for this update? Background: our phones have some issues when starting a telefon call after the last update, so I wonder if this is fixed… Regards Inga

Received and installed here too (Network: Pepephone - Spain). So far, no noticeable problems.

Screenshot of release notes:

“More information” link seems to be broken. It links here, but I don’t find any specific notes there.

Thanks for your awesome work.

2 Likes

This update fixed recording video with 120fps with the stock camera. Using a Gcam port, it still isn’t working. Also, I had to change my APN settings for Tele2 in the Netherlands. Using the instructions for the FairPhone 4 did work just fine.

5 Likes

Fixed now, thanks for reporting it.

Here is the original link:

8 Likes

My update size is 1,03 Gb, instead of the 76Mb mentioned above.
Since my provider is KPN (The Netherlands) I don’t have Android 13 yet. I guess this could mean that with this software update A13 is available.

edit: typo’s

This update is for Android 13. If you are on Android 11, you are not concerned by it.

The size you announced lets me think the update notification you got is the upgrade to Android 13.

you’re probaly right, though the name of the update is exactly the same as the name of this topic.

To be more specific:
The update mentions the resolved issues and other improvements that are also stated in the first post of this thread. The’re is nothing about Android 13. But I’ll see, it’s downloading right now

I can confirm that it is a upgrade to Android 13, combined with the software update.

Many thanks to the team at Fairphone who developed this update.
I immediately noticed,

• WPA3 + WPA2 mode works. No problem with reconnecting after reboot or manual disconnect.
  • Device boots faster.

(Delayed SIM PIN is not fixed yet, but I believe it will be in the future)

5 Likes

Thank you Fairphone Team :handshake:
Yes my wifi connection got upgraded to WPA3 soon after the update!
Finally I can disable all WPA2 mode on my home router.

Funny, I would’ve thought that fixing the delayed SIM PIN prompt is top of their list.
Or, maybe, they have some information that I don’t, for example: VERY few people really EVER turn off/reboot their phones :woozy_face:

… the telefon call issues seem to be fixed. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! This update seems to have restored the camera’s access to the SD card, which seems to have been a bit patchy since I updated to A13 about two weeks ago, but was lost completely over this last weekend.

1 Like

Why? It doesn‘t bother me much, that I have to enter the SIM pin after the unlock pin, that‘s just changing habits.

1 Like

Since the update my LTE does not connect anymore after disconnecting from WiFi… Airplane-Mode-Off-and-On reconnects, but that’s definitely a new…

Did you restart twice since the update ? I could never understand why twice and not once but it very often works.

3 Likes

Could be a problem with the APN settings. Have you checked that?

1 Like

Yes. Once the device started directly after the update, and since I turn off my phone every evening, that would be the second time.

I’ll keep watching at the issue, maybe it disappears after a few days, fingers crossed…

As mde suggests, did you look at the APN settings ? Many people had a change in them after the update.

1 Like