🇩🇪 FP3 bluetooth problem with Ford SYNC3

Just got Android 10 on my FP3. Will try with that any time soon. I just realized I never tried with cable. As I recall Android Auto uses Bluetooth for audio, right? @HMZ What car do you try to connect your FP3 to?

It’s a Ford C-Max. But actually, it doesn’t really work with USB cable, just the Android Auto display will show up for some seconds. Then the car system will ask for a parallel Bluetooth connection, which cannot be established. I’m curious if it will work with the latest update.

I have good news. It works with Android 10!
I installed it right now and immediately testet it.
I think there’s a big chance that the update solves the Problem for all of you.

8 Likes

It worked for me, too. Seems like Android 10 did the trick.
Yippie!

3 Likes

That’s great news! The only thing missing is the Android 10 update. Still doesn’t show up for me… :unamused:

The update Android 10 did it for me aswell. I have a Ford Tourneo and paired it today after the update for the first time with my Fairphone 3.

2 Likes

You have seen the post, by @formerFP.Com.Manager, that the update availability differs by network providers.

So, if you have another SIM card available from another provider, switching cards (just for the update) could do the trick. :wink:

Edit:
Typo corrected.

I don’t have a second SIM card, but I’ve tried it without any SIM card today - still no update.

Maybe some friend or relative; if you want the update now?

Without SIM won’t work, as you have no network access.

Well, I have wifi…

That’s not enough.
Yout have to insert a sim card from a different provider in order to get the update.
That at least was the case with vodafone within the last months

1 Like

But - as far as I understand it - the normal update process is distributed by the network providers to customers of that network. And the SIM is a kind of identifier/key.
SIM plus phone identify you as someone eligible for the update
WiFi will not help, as it lacks the key.

Android 10 did the trick. Bluetooth connection to Sync 3 on Ford Ranger finally established

3 Likes

I can confirm that it now works with Android 10

2 Likes

…at the cost of noumerous other Bugs.
:angry:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.