FP2 USB-C bottom module and case

Just for fun I would like to have an USB-C bottom module and a fitting case for a FP2. The bottom modules from both FP2 I have work. One of them is my emergency phone in case the FP3 breaks down.

P&P to germany or once in a while I am at the FP meeting in Hamburg.

NB: To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Please have a look at Selling Fairphone 2 or parts of it and accessories
The batteries already found a new life, so has the bottom module.
The “backs” are still here, but as you can see not in best state. Is this what you mean by “fitting case”?
Shipping from Paderborn (Germany)

As far as I know does the USB-C bottom module needs another case to fit, since the loudspeaker is at another position. To me it looks like you have the default USB micro-B bottom module.

1 Like

From what I remember it’s just the cutout for the USB-C port itself that differs – naturally the USB-C plug has a different shape than the microUSB plug.

OK, I have never seen a FP2 bottom module with USB-C in real life.

1 Like

Starting here, @Leo_TheCrafter shared photos of his FP2 USB-C bottom module (and its customized case) production: FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch [SORRY, ordering closed] - #148 by Leo_TheCrafter (don’t miss many later posts by Leo with photos in the same topic :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.