I would really appreciate some help.
I finally had the awful accident of phone + water (drinking, not salt!)
The phone worked when removed, I shut it down and dried it out thoroughly (not for long, but in part by disassembling and physically drying it).
I started the phone - it worked. About 2-3 minutes later, I took a photo, (which I think worked) then the phone said the battery was flat and shut down.
Since then I have tried charging it. Initially the red charging light flickered on and off like crazy. Then the phone went through the on / Fairphone splash screen / off cycle. Finally the red charging light went steady. I thought I was sorted.
The phone has not charged since, and won’t turn on. Plugging it into anything displays a constant red LED (regardless of battery presence). It won’t even display the splash screen.
I have tried an old battery, and an old bottom module and top module - the same happens. Voltmeter across the +/- pins of the battery reads 4V.
I have taken the phone to bits (including removing the mainboard) several times. No joy.
Is this a dead main board? Why did it start before dying? If it is dead - is there ANY way to get my data off the board?
(Please avoid responses about drying out the phone - it has been 3 1/2 days since it last turned on - the phone has been left in pieces etc etc.)
I hope someone can help.