After one week using my new FP2 I will share my first impressions:
unexpected fast (30.12.2015). I was surprised to receive the phone before new years eve in Vienna/Austria
The paperfoam box looks nice, the box was a little bit shifted, but protected the content very well.
Basic intro to the phone. A larger manual to download would be helpful (e.g. did not know what the WiFi Icon with "!" stands for)
- calls: much better call quality, than FP1U
- speed: the phone start takes some seconds but when it is started it runs smooth and fast
- display: good resolution, clear and bright
- touchscreen: much better than FP1U, sensitive, easy to type
- weight: 174g, it feels lighter than the FP1U
- Back cover: (in my case black mate) fits very well, it was a bit tricky to fold it over all the edges
- Dual (Micro) SIM - I had to get a Microsim from my provider first to use my new phone.
- MicroSD Card slot - it feels a bit loose and I was not sure if the card is in the right position. But it worked and the card (64GB) is accessible.
- Battery duration - currently with normal use: 10-12h - maybe I'm using my new FP2 too much and the battery has to calibrate or I have to change some settings (GPS, Brightness)
- Camera - outside with bright light the pictures are OK, inside with motion there are blurred parts and I hope that there will be a better camera module available soon.
- Android 5.1 - I must admit I have to get used to it. It's a new design and some functions have to be "explored". Personally I liked Android "Jelly Bean" 4.2.2 a lot, but I think I will get used to "Lollipop"
- Apps: some apps (WhatsApp, Evernote) were not running perfectly and had some issues (see other posts) EDIT: I had to uncheck "Privacy Impact"!
- root: I hope there will be an easy instruction available soon
For me it was a bit a challenge to replace my FP1U by the new FP2 (maybe I like my " old" FP1U too much) and to get used to the Android 5.1 look.
The improvement of the call quality is a big plus, also the better processor and the sensitive touchscreen.
I expected a better performance of the camera and the battery. But these are parts that can be replaced easily, so I hope that there will be a solution to improve this soon.
Greetings from Vienna!