EFIDroid for the Fairphone 2
I am not responsible for any damage which could be done with this software! I tested it on my device and everything worked according to this post but I can’t guarantee that it won’t brick your device (I don’t see how it could but still). Please only attempt this if you know how to fix it (fastboot flashing the boot image for example)!
EFIDroid is a relatively new multiboot solution for mobile devices. It is based on the EFI implementation by Intel (EDK2) and wants to use standard technology.
I worked the last few days hard to get it working on the Fairphone 2.
How to install
Note, that your device has to be rooted for this to work!
Download: Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.efidroid.efidroidmanager (about F-Droid: https://f-droid.org/forums/topic/efidroid/)
For complete instructions and a complete step-by-step example, please visit my blog-post about EFIDroid
- Booting the primary ROM
- Booting a secondary ROM (FP Open 16.08 & 16.12 is confirmed to work)
- Booting to the recovery with the primary & secondary ROM.
What doesn’t work:
- Probably booting into FP OS (phone reboots without any access to adb so debugging is quite hard)
- Booting to SailfishOS, because SailfishOS stores some paths in the
/systempartition and not just in the RAM disk so it’s not supported right now.
- Booting Ubuntu Touch (support is more easily possible than for Sailfish)
What I didn’t try:
- Booting FirefoxOS/B2G (I don’t have personal interest and it seems quite dead)
- All configurations of Looping&Binding.
- Sometimes when rebooting the UI gets a bit messed up, the quickest solution is to reboot but it’s only cosmetic so don’t worry.
- m1cha for writing this great software, giving me nearly 24/7 support & fixing many bugs so quickly.
- @Arvil for testing the build before publishing (and he’s porting CM so that’s great!)
- me (z3ntu) for doing the rest
- Official website: http://efidroid.org/
- GitHub organization: https://github.com/efidroid
- Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/114053643671219382368
- Slack community: http://join-efidroid.rhcloud.com/
- Complete step-by-step example: https://z3ntu.github.io/2016/11/01/Install-and-configure-efidroid.html
- “Test results” for some stuff: http://cattle.arvil.eu/FP2/EFIDroid.html