Current location of the community Fairphone 2

At the moment the community Fairphone is in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Request the Community Fairphone to come your way using this form: https://podio.com/webforms/16907066/1136856

@Douwe arranged a Fairphone 2 for the community, which will be sent across Europe to meetups and community events.

You can disassemble it and reassemble it, flash Custom ROMs, setup cool wallpapers, etc… Practically everything that doesn’t destroy it! :wink:

The only condition is to always write a short entry into the diary that comes with the community FP2.

18 Likes

The community phone is going back to Amsterdam! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Places visited so far:

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Alternative uses of the Community Fairphone

The community Fairphone is back in the office. It came back with a fresh new SD card from @paulakreuzer and many many cool entries in the diary by the people it visited.

Who is organizing the next event where we can send the Fairphone to?

6 Likes

Our Urban Mining Workshop, maybe? :wink:

Of course we would not urban mine it. :wink:

3 Likes

Sure thing!
Too bad we just have it back from Wien, we should have kept it there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, there is an a event in my area about Free Software, Open Data and Networks:
http://www.agendadulibre.org/events/11903

It will be on Saturday, the 22nd of October.

I will have a booth with my local Libre User Group (La Guilde).

I think that this is a great opportunity to show the community FairPhone 2 for people to see and “play” with it.
(Even if it does not run Free Software, my own FP2 will be there to show how it is the same with Fairphone open ! :wink: )

@Stefan @Douwe @paulakreuzer Do you think that community FP2 could be transfered to south of France the week after the Urban mining event ?

3 Likes

Sure thing! Sounds like a great occasion!

Please PM me your name, address, email address and phone number and I’ll make sure the package is forwarded.

2 Likes

Hello,

we are currently eyeing our next pub meeting in Aachen in the first half of November (I’m tending towards very early November), so I’d like to already put up my finger for the CFP2 right after France :smile:

Urs

3 Likes

Hey Urs!

How was the meetup? Did you take good care of the community phone?
Are you ready to have it be picked up and send home?

1 Like

While I could not do my folks the favour of a world premiere slim cover, the CFP2 was a great help and perfect fit with all the curious new folks that suddenly turned up almost out of nowhere last wednesday. Thanks for arranging everything :thumbsup: You can mail me the labels, I take it that I will then call DHL to arrange a pick-up date of my choice? (I still need to write into the diary :angel: )

3 Likes

Cool! Nice to hear :slight_smile:

I’ll send you the labels and then DHL will call you to discuss the pick-up date.

@urs_lesse has some beautiful handwriting!
Read his entry to the Community Fairphone Diary when it comes to your town.

Next towns planned:

• Berlin
  • München

5 Likes

The community Fairphone got his new jacket today!
Now we’ll send it to @explit in Berlin for some fun testing.

6 Likes

Great! I’m really happy to get the community Fairphone. I and the guys from the Berlin Sailfish Community will iron out some Sailfish bugs as work on the deep testing of Fairphone Open.
Lets make FP2 a bit mature!

3 Likes

Sjeez, we are behind in this topic!
@iratxe had the phone in Bilbao and brought it to Barcelona.

And now the phone is in München!

Maybe something we can add to the map of @stefan:wink:

4 Likes

@Roboe was after a layer for the Community FP2: :slight_smile:

https://github.com/WeAreFairphone/fprsmap/issues/16

2 Likes

It’s back in Aix-la-Chapelle | Aken | Aachen! :smile:

… and now (7 February 2017) already going back home to Amsterdam!

6 Likes

Now back in Amsterdam. Making some small changes to it before sending it off again.

And @urs_lesse Made a great diary entry! Thnx!

5 Likes