Current location of the community Fairphone 2

P.S.: Sadly, the CFP2 box had arrived in Aachen not spreading the enchanting scent it had come with the first time around. Is s/he taken now? :cry: :wink:

Uhm what?
I am missing something hereā€¦ :confused:

When I got it in late October/early November, the box really smelled of perfume. :wink:

Oh, haha. I have no idea what may have caused that. Maybe the postman was going on a date after delivery :slight_smile:
But if you look carefully at the pictures above, you can see that the next person who gets the CFP will also have a nice surprise :wink:

4 Likes

ā€œFairphone Change is in your handsā€ is that the new bootscreen for FP OS based on Android 6? :smiley:

PS: @Aachen_Fairphoners how can you follow up the sentence ā€œā€¦moves home to start work in Ɩƶƶsterreiichā€ with a frowney! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Haha, yes, that was what came to my mind when I just read @Douweā€™s allusionā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: exactly! The microphone on the lock screen is new in android 6

1 Like

Oh no, ā€œOk Gxxgleā€ creeps into the lock screen? :scream: The CFP2 should really have FP Open installed! :wink:

4 Likes

If the community wants to own it the community will open it!

4 Likes

Itā€™s a good point, but I think that it should come with dual boot. @paulakreuzer has a working device with EFIDroid and can switch easily from FPOOS to FPOS if I understood well; that would be an excellent solution. You want people to think about the accessibility, the modularity and the fairness of the phone first. The open part is the icing on the cake.

5 Likes

Back home! Weā€™ll polish it a bit and send it out to @Amber for the first Dusseldorf meetup!

4 Likes

Where was it before? I mean in-between Aachen and Amsterdam?

At the Munchen community event.

1 Like

Requested for Aachen 11-16 May 2017 :slight_smile: Form submitted āˆš

2 Likes

dito for Stuttgart. @Douwe: should I send it directyl to @urs_lesse? And why hasnā€™t the Stuttgart Meetup been posted on the Fairphone Events-Site or on Facebook???

I made the same suggestion when the CFP2 was required here in Aachen right after a Munich get-together. However, Douwe told me that DHL would charge an outrageous amount then (as compared to sending it back to Amsterdam first and then to Aachen). I guess Fairphone wants to stick to the same shipping method for simplicityā€™s sake.

1 Like

Yeah, we still need to figure this outā€¦ but indeed sending it directly was a more then ā‚¬100,-.
But having it brought back to the office and then forward it, was a little under ā‚¬25,-

And @Friek, sorry, I somehow missed your earlier message. The event has now been added to the FB page :slight_smile:
I will update fairphone.com/events later.

2 Likes

How about sending the phone on your own? That would only cost ā‚¬ 4.99 with DHL.

1 Like

The CFP2 will be sent to Aachen soon and will stay here until (at least) our 22 September meeting.

UPDATE: I think there is not just one CFP2 now. I received a different one today, equipped with the new camera modules and a white slim case. Maybe just one CFP2 to serve all the upcoming #FairSwap meetings isnā€™t enough anymore :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™m re-opening this topic not primarily to announce that the CFP2 is back in Amsterdam after an extended stay in Aachen, but first and foremost to just make meetup organizers aware of its existence. For all details, see the first post. :slight_smile:

See following post by Douwe

However, the diary that used to come with it seems to have been discontinued.

5 Likes