Camera apps & youtube crash when opened

Hello all,

I bought my FP3 in January this year.

A few days ago, I realized that each time I was launching my camera apps, I only had a blackscreen and I couldn’t take any picture.

Almost the same thing happens when I open youtube : the application loads constantly and never opens.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

Hi

A few questions?

What update do you have assuming your still using the default FPOS?

Do you have an SD card inserted and is it formatted as Internal or External/Portable, hopefull the latter?

Was this happening from day one or can you say exactly when you first noticed this?

if you have installed any apps that could be an issue, could you start in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello !

Here are my answers.

I have the last update of the Android version : Android Version 10.

I have an external sim card.

I first noticed this on the 5th & 6th of June. The bug concerning youtube occured on the 17 th of June.

I tried to restart in safemode and the issue was still there. I also tried a factory reset, which did not work either.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

So everything was fine until 5th June?

Did you update to Software update: 3.A.0107.20210513

If you did was it immediately before these issues, i.e. if you updated to the 0107 version when exactly as this may have been a corrupt update. Did you update automatically and what network were you using when you did?

You may be advised to download and install manually as a Factory reset is pretty serious and takes you back to the deafult settings of the last update.

Can you check the build to confirm the update Settings > About phone > Build number?

Thanks

So everything was fine until 5th June? Yes

Did you update to Software update: 3.A.0107.20210513 Yes, I checked it on Settings, ==> about phone ==> Build number

If you did was it immediately before these issues, i.e. if you updated to the 0107 version when exactly as this may have been a corrupt update. Did you update automatically and what network were you using when you did?
***I think I updated manually after the bug by doing this System ==> Advanced ==> System Update. So the bug is independent to the update ***

Thanks

Oscar,

I would call that pretty automatic, rather than the option of manually downloading and installing from scratch. i.e. The update was sent via your network rather than you downloading the whole shebang from Fairphone via www.

The problem may well be independent of the update but as it appears to have occurred immediately after the update I would be very concerned that the update did not go as designed.

It seems the bug already occurred before the update if I understood correctly.

I don’t have an idea like this about what could be happening, but did you contactsupport @Oscar1?

2 Likes

Yes indeed the bug occured before.

I’m going to send it back in the next few days !

1 Like

If you have done a reset that’s about as much as you can do, but although you said

I hope you meant externally formatted SD card. If you use an SD card please check it is formatted as external/portable by going to Settings > Storage and you should see an eject symbol to the right of the SD card, if not then it is formatted as internal and may be the reason for the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.