This is THE guide to the Fairphone Community! It answers the most important questions if you want to become a part of our movement. Contact the @moderators if you think that something is missing from this guide.
How can I meet other Fairphoners in my area?
How do I start a Fairphoner group and host meetups?
- See whether there is already an entry for your area in the #addressbook of local Fairphoners.
- If there isn’t already one, start a new topic in the #community category to find out if there are people that want to meet up.
- Add your topic to the list in the Local Fairphoners #addressbook
- Read the Tips on how to organize your first Fairphone community meetup.
- Ask the @moderators to add a date to your topic so that it appears in the meetup agenda.
How can I help others with technical issues?
- Read topics in the #fairphone2help and #fairphone-help categories and try to help out by replying with possible solutions.
- Check out the topics marked as #unsolved to see where help is needed. Also here you can find all topics that have not a single reply yet.
- If you speak languages besides english follow that language’s tag (
🇳🇴, ) to help people who have troubles with English.
- Get familiar with #wiki’s and #staff curated articles and link to them if they contain a possible solution to someone’s issue (#staff articles all have a unique tag too so you can quickly link to the individual articles, e.g. #gpsguide, #updateguide, #batteryguide, #blackscreenguide, #waterwiki, #disassemble. This very post can be linked to as #communityguide).
- Use tags linking to #meta:dictionary entries like #dic:root, #dic:hardreset and #dic:recoverymode in your answers to people’s questions so you don’t have to explain these words every time. When mentioning these tags don’t write the
dic:, just write e.g.
#hardand select the #dic:hardreset suggestion that pops up.
- Join the #fairphoneangels and help people from your area!
How can I help Fairphone?
- Report and document bugs in the official Fairphone bugtracker.
- Join the Beta Test Group and get software updates before everyone else. In exchange help the Fairphone developers to solve bugs.
How can I chat with other Fairphoners online?
How can I participate as an (aspiring) developer?
Join us in the WeAreFairphone organization on Github! Simply contact one of the existing members via Matrix/IRC (see above for contact details).
How can I meet Fairphone in Amsterdam?
Follow the news about #efct18.