I have got the FairPhone 4 for a few months now but since around more than 1 month ago the wifi connection every 5-20 minutes keeps disconnecting while the wifi is still visible for the phone in the settings. This is not a problem with my home wifi since this happens with every wifi I’ve encountered unfortunately. Every time this happens I need to manually reconnect again which gets really frustrating after a while.
Hi Menno_Bil and welcome to the community and forum.
There have been similar reports such as here, but I’m not aware of any widespread problem and solution.
Could you indicate which build number of Android you are running: go to Settings > About phone > Build number.
Could you also indicate if you are using any special DNS configuration or security software.
Please make sure you are keeping your backups up to date (this is in case a factory reset may be required).
I suggest trying a reset of just one Wi-Fi network as follows (do this when you’re at home):
- Make sure you have the password of your home Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet.
- Turn Wi-Fi OFF.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Wi-Fi > Saved networks
- Tap on the name of your home network
- Tap FORGET
- Return to Settings > Network and Internet and turn Wi-Fi ON again and connect to your home network.
If you notice any improvement then do the same with another network that you use regularly.