VoLTE on Fairphone 4 with /e/ with Vodafone germany

I’ve tried it out on FPOS and for me at least WoWIFI was working but didn’t work any longer after installing /e/OS on the same device with same eSIM.
Although VoLTE showed “available” on network test page there was no setting in network → advanced like “4G-Anrufe” or similar and there was no symbol for VoLTE when disabling wifi. So I’m not sure this worked on FPOS neither.
I’ve updated the gitlab bug report for /e/OS.

2 Likes

It seems to be clear, that this is a /e/ issue, neither a provider nor a lineage issue - so I filed a bugreport as mentioned above. Thank you for your help!
Probably u are suffering from this issue, too, and like to send an Email to /e/-support as well.
At the Gitlab page we wrote an email to help you to point developers into the right direction. Feel free to use it as a template.

3 Likes

Support has already answered and bug label was attached. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I sent in my adb log - I can’t revert to stock OS though. Can someone send in a stock adb log?

Some lines from the log file:

ImsPhoneCallTracker: [1] cacheCarrierConfiguration: No carrier config service found or not active subId = -1
Phone : isImsRegistered =false

Not sure what it exactly means - but Volker mentioned, the files should be all in place.
Hopefully it’s just a permission thing or so.

I’ve sent in the files as requested (for FPOS and /e/OS).

The same line also appears on FPOS.

Hey - was in contact with support/devels quite some time!
It works since 1.1-r-20220707201811-stable-FP4. There’s just no indicator for VoLTE or VoWifi, but I’d call this a feature - not a bug!
I’m glad the /e/ devels responded so fast as it took a few builds and logs to figure it out!
I’m sure they’ll roll it out until next month!

3 Likes

Well, actually I’d prefer to have some indication (and these indications can be turned off in settings if wanted, anyway).
But I agree that the main point is to have to functions fixed! :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.