Using LineageOS on the FP2

I used NetGuard* before switching to LineageOS. I now use the built in method for revoking wifi/mobile data permissions per app. Those options are under Data usage section, inside app’s screen in system settings. You usually can go there by tapping and holding an app’s icon on your launcher and swiping or selecting App info or similar (depends on the launcher you use).

In my opinion this integrated option is better (it’s integrated, after all, not a third party app which is unloaded on first steps of the boot process), but honestly it lacks a control panel to manage bulk app’s network state, similar to NetGuard’s. That brings a question for developers: would it be possible to make a third party app which list them, similar to Disable manager? (i.e. is this information exposed by an internal API an app could consult?)

*= F-Droid version, I don’t trust M66B because of his unfair statements about F-Droid and reproducible builds (F-Droid together with Guardian Project are the only organizations pushing repro builds on Android), because of his embracing of Google Play Services (talking about privacy with that gobble around?), and because no project match with open source methodology without an open “issues” mechanism.

2 Likes

I just moved from FP Open to Lineage and it works great. I have two questions so far:

• I notice the proximity sensor drains battery bug is back. The moment I install / activate WaveUp there is a wakelock draining the battery. I used the modem files suggested in the installation instructions.
  • Is there a way to get a dark theme ? Many apps allow selecting a dark theme, but many - including Lineage itself don’t.
1 Like

I also moved from FP Open to LOS this weekend… I had some problems restoring from TiBu, it did not want to reliably install the apps. With a bit of manual work I’m now all set.
Looks good so far; I’m missing a few tweaks, but the rest looks good. No “new” bugs found except those already reported.
Do we have a bug tracker?

2 Likes

Has anyone had any problems with random reboots?

I’ve been using LOS for a while now but tends to reboot in the early hours of the morning and sometimes in the day. I am using the latest update (using OTA), encrypted phone and OpenGAPPs installed.

I am very glad to tell you, that I also moved from Fairphone open OS (Android 5.1) to Lineage OS. It went quite smooth, but something to do now to get it running as it has done before!
The first question: How do i get an usb cable contact to my Windows0 PC as I have had it before? At the explorer I still see the FP2, but no drives, no folders. So I can’t copy anything between pc and phone.

1 Like

Swipe from the top and tap for more USB options. Select transfer files.

More info:

2 Likes

I had no random reboot since I installed LineageOS. On OpenOS I had time-to-time a reboot due to a buggy app, now on LineageOS this same app is still crashing but without forcing the OS to reboot! :grin:

The only known bug annoying for me is the loose of Data connection sometimes (usually after moving from a wifi connection), but usually switching flight mode ON and OFF again solve the problem…

1 Like

Thanks a lot; yes, I have read this before, but forgotten!

Using the same configuration and I don’t have the reboots.

Did you also experience this on FPOS / FPOOS? If yes: maybe it’s a hardware thing?

I think I had reboots on FPOOS as well but not as frequent. I’m guessing it’s a hardware thing then, the screen has also been playing up so might need to get a replacement for the second time.

I didn’t have a single reboot since I’m on LOS, but I didn’t have many before. ~1 per week.

Looks like that the SIM2 SMS bug will be fixed \o/
https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/182623/

2 Likes

Network connectivity problem:
For the last few days I had an eye on network connectivity because apparently I was not reachable at times when I was at home, which didn’t usually happen before.

Turns out, indoor connectivity is considerably worse with my LineageOS installation than it was with Fairphone Open OS.
In my place it’s switching back and forth between no signal and mostly weak 2G when it was totally stable 2G before and Edge at the windows. In another place where I can compare, it now ranges from no signal up to Edge when it was stable Edge before and stable 4G at the windows.

I didn’t recognize such differences outdoors.

Did anybody else experience this?
Since the modem files should be the same, what else can be the cause of this? Is there something I could tweak to fix this?
If I don’t get this fixed, I have to go back to Fairphone Open OS (at least for confirming this). Don’t wanna :frowning:

1 Like

Let me know when it’s fixed, then I’ll start a new build.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s a good idea to compare the -dBm and ASU signal strengh of both OSes at the telephone status page. If there are noticable differences probably it has something to do with the RIL implementation on Lineage OS side.

1 Like

Can you get /proc/last_kmsg ?

Chris

But there are still two problems:

A) I can’t run “Titanium”. The app says ‘device is’nt rooted’ (Der Root-ZUgriff wurde leider verweigert!..Dieser Versuch wurde mit dem >>/system/bin/su<<-Befehl durchgeführt.)
But I have rooted the device in settings. I installed an app called “Root Checker” and it says as well, that the rom is rooted.

???

B) Over night I switched the phone off. In the morning after switching on it says:
‘SD-card from SanDisk corrupted’ and I shall format it But I didn’t have this problem yesterday. Do I really have to format the SD card??? Does this issue happen to other LOS users?
At the Windows explorer now I can see only the internal memory and no SD card anymore.
Heiner

Problem A) solved: ‘BusyBox’ wasn’t running properly, installed it anew.

Hopefully I have solved this problem as well with running the ‘SD Maid’ app, but without formatting the SD! Now I do see my SD card again und hope, it will stay. But still I don’t know, wy I did run into that issue.

Yes, managed to get it! :muscle:

I’m not great with adb stuff but here is the txt file https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3z7exh82c7lbkd/last_kmsg.txt?dl=0

I hope it makes some sort of sense, thanks!