Upgrading from *official* 14.1 to 15.1 (feedback/issues)

Best upgrade ever, battery lifetime almost doubled!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Magisk and Systemless Xposed on LineageOS 15.1?

I just did it!
Upgrade from 14.1 w/o data wiping, smooth upgrade, and my Afw (managed profile) was upgraded as well :+1:
Downside so far: no vibration/ringmode toggle in power menu, only in quicktiles (Gravitybox)
Awesome work!!
Update: NeoPowerMenu (Xposed) is still able to modify the power menu, actually it replaces the menu with itā€™s own, which looks at bit misplaced, but never mindā€¦
Update regarding NeoPowerMenu (Xposed): I strongly suspect that it caused my reboots while charging, so I deaactivated it, charging is good now.

2 Likes

Finally I upgraded to LOS 15.1.
First I downgrade to Fairphone OS 18.04.1 following these instructions.
Then I install LOS 15.1 following these other instructions.
I restored my apps and data with Titanium Backup.
I noticed it takes longer for my home wifi to be detected. I also have some problem to restore sync with DavDroid. And I liked the old Trebuchet betterā€¦
Thanks again @Ingo and @Roboe

1 Like

Will be fixed in next upgrade.

Chris

3 Likes

Can you provide logcat for the audio books thing? What audio format is that?

Chris

After a flawless upgrade to 15.1, coming from encrypted 14.1 I observed some problems with notification LEDs, which donā€™t trigger for at least K9-Mail app (didnā€™t watch out for Signal). Is this something known or has anyone an idea?

Edit: Also the bug that you canā€™t boot out of charging mode is still present:
https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-1562

Chris, you should perhaps also close that one, when fixed :):
https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-2173

I have a similar issue: If my FP2 boots and I wait too long after the PIN entry appears, the primary SIM card is offline. I can only force PIN entry by switching the flight mode on and off.

1 Like

Iā€™m this week not at home, Iā€™ll provide it on Friday.

What audio format is that?
MP3

Hey,

does anyone else have problems with the cLock Widget. Mine is not showing the weather. It recognized that I have installed open weather, but when I click on the weather Provider it says ā€œno weather Provider foundā€.

I now have reboot @work with Apple Router under Android 8. :slight_smile: (see this thread)
The file for the protocol ā€œlast_kmsgā€ has no read rights under Android 8.

greetz
Steven

Hold Vol + while rebooting and get the last_kmsg from TWRP as a workaround.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just downloaded the 20th Aug nightly via the updater, but when I tap the Install option I get a triangle with exclamation on the status bar saying install error. It doesnā€™t try to validate the update or run through the usual procedure as it normally would do.

Iā€™m upgrading from the 13th Aug nightly

Rebooting into recovery and installing the downloaded update from /data/lineageos_updates/ and has installed fine.

Iā€™m still running without encryption at the moment, so not an issue with this.

And BTW @chrmhoffmann video recording is indeed fixed now :+1:

1 Like

LEDs with k9 work for me (2 accounts configured with different colors, although i have the impression LEDs donā€™t always work immediately with notification. But i didnā€™t observe this too closely up to now

Same issue for me, device encrypted (@ 14.1), LOS + microG.

Oh, so it wasnā€™t a LOS for microG issue:

Logcat here:

I had the same experience: The update didnā€™t work from the updater app but from TWRP.

After rebooting the device the touch input didnā€™t work which left me unable to decrypt my data partition. After another reboot (triggered by pressing the power button for 10 seconds) it worked as before.

Video recording also works as before. Good job and thank you!

Edit: Still the settings app crashes when I try to open the setting ā€˜Tastenā€™ (maybe ā€˜Buttonsā€™ in English?).

3 Likes

I have managed the upgrade without any problems.
I came from 14.1. (microG). I did a twrp update to the latest version and then installed 15.1.
Great work! Thank you!

1 Like