Upgrading from *official* 14.1 to 15.1 (feedback/issues)

OK thank you. Why did it happen? Maybe a new version of modem?

The Checkup app which comes with FPOS 18.08.1 beta is newer than the one in Play Store (2.1.9 vs. 2.1.1). So they probably fixed the app.

Could you get the apk and we could see if that fixes it… I suppose they will update the play store once android 7 is out of beta

Here you go (remove .pdf extension, can’t upload .apk): com.fairphone.checkup.20109.apk.pdf (2.2 MB)

4 Likes

That works and fixes the problem. Woohoo!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Upgrading LOS for microG to 15.1 (feedback/issues)

NetGuard isn’t working on LOS 15.1. How can I disallow internet for example for amaze? I only can find the option to allow/disallow “storage”.

Hi all,

I just made the upgrade with the latest version (September the 3rd I think). I had to update TWRP first, I also flashed the Pico Open gapps package and everything gone fine. After first boot I could read/write my SD card but after a reboot, it becomes “Corrupted”. Lineage OS offers to format SD card to “repair it” but it remains “corrupted”. A mentioned by Christian_Michel above, I can read my SD card on a computer, so after a backup, I’ll try to format it to ext4 too.

P.S.: should have post it in “lineage-15.1-20180903-nightly-FP2-signed.zip feedback thread”

3 Likes

Ah! Ich hatte nur unter ‘Berechtigungen’ gesucht. Danke!
Der Nachteil gegenüber NetGuard ist wohl, dass man nur Hop oder Top einschalten kann, und nicht regulieren kann, welche speziellen Seiten nicht aufgerufen werden dürfen.

Sorry, I don’t speak German, :man_shrugging:. But “no problem” for the “Danke!” part, :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi,
today I have updated with TRWP 3.2.3-0 from official 14.1 to 15.1
The update went well - thanks a lot

But unfortunately I have some Problems:

1. how can I get root access I have flashed Magisk 17.1 together with LineageOS but it’s not recognised (detected at all) and I can’t change anything in TRUST - so no Root access!!!
  2. how can I install apks like fdroid I can’t get the permission

I’m now back on 14.1 because I need Magisk and Nanodroid as I don’t want to use Google apps but would be gratefull for some help as 14.1 is no longer maintained…
But LineageOS without Magisk und Nanodroid makes no sense for me would that mean goodbuy to Fairphone?

Magisk was mentioned a few times … I don’t use it, but perhaps there was something helpful already …

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=lineageos%2015.1%20magisk

Thank You so I should stay on 14.1 till there is a solution for Magisk

Hi Heide,
Magisk works fine for me. The only problem is…If you use magisk hide, you are unable to install any app.
Follow these steps:

1. Before you install Magisk, install Magisk Manager
  2. Install Magisk ( directly through magisk manager)
  3. Under settings within magisk manager, make sure Root is enabled for apps and adb.
  4. load and enable the module MagiskHide Props Config 4 within MagiskManager
  5. enable terminal emulator under System Settings -> System -> Developer Options ->Local Terminal
  6. open Terminal and type props (you will be asked to provide root access)
  7. Type 3 to edit MagiskHide props
  8. type 1 and y to change ro.debuggable to 1
  9. type 3 and y to change ro.build.type to userdebug
  10. type ‘e’ to exit and reboot your phone

If you deactivate magisk hide, you can install any app.
Thanks to @darioce for the above mentioned steps…

2 Likes

Thank you very much but unfortunately it starts with the beginning I can’t get permission to install unknown apps (like FDroid or MagiskManager or Mixplorer) I tried to change this new app TRUST - no chance so I went back to 14.1 but unfortunately this is no longer maintained

That is because you flashed magisk along with the Lineage OS zip file. It is then not possible to install any app. After you flash the LineageOS zip, don’t install anything else. Boot directly into system. Then install magisk manager. it will then ask for permission to allow unknown source. you cangrant it and go ahead with the installation. After that, install magisk and follow the other steps mentioned above.

Thank you very much!
I tried it once more and first it went well. LOS flashed restart in system FDroid and MagiskManager installed than flashed Magisk via MagiskManager, but that’s it:
after I’ve installed Magisk - with root permission etc no other app could be installed permission were asked and given but installation failed, even the update of FDroid failed… So I’m done with Fairphone, sorry but this is no solution either a Phone that works but has no longer security updates or forced to 15.1 but without the possibilities for real data protection - that is Nanodroid with MicroG, XPosed with LuaXPrivacy…

You can blame Fairphone for whatever, but blaming them for “lack of security updates” when they are only skipping some because they are working on the second system upgrade, excuse me, is simply lying.

Go find other vendor that officially supports all of this out there, or at least provides an official OS without Google. Neither Lineage OS does, for your info. Good luck in the search process (you’ll find none, btw).

1 Like

I think @Heide was referring to being forced to use LineageOS 14.1 (which no longer receives security updates), because the favoured Magisk configuration fails to work in LineageOS 15.1.