Upgrading LOS for microG to 15.1 (feedback/issues)

Without connecting them to the internet (because I don’t trust closed-source apps), they have not thrown any pop-up to me. Apps usually throw it at opening, so I can’t reproduce your issue. Could you make sure your microG Services Core are updated to 0.2.5.12879?

I wasn’t. I am now, and it’s working now.
sorry for that. I thought F-Droid would download AND install, which it does usually, but somehow not this time.
Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s because Marvin (the main developer) is not releasing updates as stable. It’s simply not possible to launch stable releases for reverse engineering projects whose sands are constantly changing. And due to these sands changing (i.e. breaking apps), anyway people need to update for compatibility, :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I experienced two quite high battery drops today. Then suddenly without charging (!!) Battery went up again from 14% to 35%… Did anyone else experience this? Is this a result of a 2 1/2 year old battery? Quite interesting I think :slight_smile:

Possibly.
Warranty on the batteries is 1 year.

1 Like

Hi all!

I’ve just upgraded my FP2 from LOS14.1 microG fork to LOS15.1 microG fork.
All seems working except apps installing. The system refuses to install any app, or update, from any position.
From Files app I can’t see FP2 root, only sdcard, documents, downloads exc… On LOS14.1 I could see also FP2 root. I don’t know if this issue is related with the installation problem.

Any idea?

Thank you very much!

Matteo

Open the menu → “Show Internal Storage”

1 Like

Hello Matteo,

do you using Magisc?
There is a error with Magisc that causes that problem.
The LOS Roor zip works well for me.

1 Like

Update went fine!
Download from the updater; installation launched from the updater too. Automatic reboot in recovery. I had nothing to do!

Same here, updater did it’s job. And the annoying ‘update google services’ is gone!

Yes I use Magisk.
So I have to uninstall Magisk and not use it forever and ever??
What if I wipe all? Data, cache, storage?
And then make a clean install?

Not for me… I still have that message…

You are right…
I don’t know why I didn’t see it before…
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello Matteo,

I have already tried a clean install.
I have posted earlier in this thread, what’s probably wrong here.
I don’t know if it’s on magisc or los side.

I’m just trying the LOS 15.1 for microG and i’m new with it.
Are there any experiences with Threema? Until now it didnt make a registration in the microG options and when i want to set back the Push-Token it doesnt work.

Edit: The problem is known since 6 months. https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/509

I installed it from the site you linked but it only works with microG enabled. Otherwise it crashes. LOS 15.1 for microG 20180903.

That is strange, did you try to import an old Signal backup or something?

I tried both. Import a backup and make a install without a backup. Thanks for the answer.

Hi,
I solved Magisk problem with a workaround…
I get it installing MagiskManager before Magisk 17.1 itself, and then installing Magisk 17.1 and disabling Magisk Hide.
Not the perfect solution, but at least you can still install your preferred Magisk modules.

I find this solution here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/beta-magisk-v13-0-0980cb6-t3618589/post77377587, as @theofruitrouge already posted somewhere in this forum.

I don’t know whether this is a microG-specific issue (probably not) but it occurs in my LOS for microG 15.1: my phone does not remember I have developer settings turned on.

In LOS 14.1, I used to have a shortcut to developer settings on my homescreen, which I used to quickly turn root on and off again (as I need root for automatic F-droid updates, but it has to be turned off to be able to use my banking app). These days, when I try to use the shortcut, it almost never works, I first have to turn on developer’s settings again: go to the build number, tap it 5 times etc. If I tap my shortcut right afterwards, it works, but it won’t a few hours later, even if I didn’t reboot in between.

Does anyone recognize this behaviour?

What? :astonished: