I installed everything from scratch coming from a test-build 15.1 encryption which TWRP couldn’t handle (as of now).
I used the opportunity to go for less Google … so the microG fork of LineageOS it is (saves quite some hassle to get Wi-Fi and mobile network location going without GApps, and F-Droid is built-in, and perhaps this or that App from Google Play Store might still work, installed from Yalp Store).
Encrypted phone (LineageOS 14.1 encryption)
- Turned off the phone and disassembled the new main camera module
- Booted TWRP
- Destroyed the LUKS header to really seriously get rid of prior encryption (Advanced - Terminal -
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20 bs=4096 count=512)
- Formatted data to get a valid Ext4 partition again (Wipe - Format Data)
- Resized data to not regret later that I left that out (Wipe - Advanced Wipe - data - Repair or Change File System - Resize File System)
- Wiped everything except Micro SD card (Wipe - Advanced Wipe).
- Rebooted into TWRP to make sure encryption is gone (no request for the encryption password when starting)
- Installed lineage-14.1-20180808-microG-FP2.zip
- Booted LineageOS 14.1
- Set a PIN and encrypted the phone
- Rebooted into TWRP to make sure 14.1 encrpytion was in place (request for the encryption password when starting and successful decryption)
- Turned off the phone and reassembled the new main camera module
addonsu-15.1-arm-signed.zip (for Root access)
The following things work for me so far:
- call / be called
- send SMS / receive SMS
- internet via WiFi
- internet via mobile network
- main camera (new module, flash works correctly with Open Camera, Edit: video recording is broken in this build)
- selfie camera (new module)
- USB connection to PC / MTP
- MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.9
- Root access (Settings - Developer Settings - Root Access)
- USB OTG
- WiFi hotspot
- Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
- FM radio
- weather (makeshift Yahoo weather provider at https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=243785 (Source)
For reporting bugs see the bottom of this page.