Yesterday, I received my brand new FP3 and I wanted to install /e/OS on it. However, I have some struggles with enabling fastboot on Windows 10. Hopefully someone can help me.
First, it is important to state that I was able to unlock the bootloader with fastboot on Windows 10, by following the official Fairphone guideluines; I unlocked dev settings and enabled usb debugging properly.
Next, after resetting everything to factory settings, I was able to boot in fastboot mode, whereafter I was trying to run ‘fastboot -w’ (which is the first step in order to flash /e/OS, according to the docs). After this, the terminal session hanged on ‘< waiting for any devices >’. Also, ‘fastboot devices’ did not reveal anything.
The following things I have tried to fix fastboot -w (all without success):
- Install Universal ADB Drivers https://adb.clockworkmod.com/
- Trying to change the driver in device settings. Even after removing the driver and rebooting Windows 10, the driver pops up as ‘FP3’ when I plug in the phone by usb (I do not understand why, maybe Windows is installing drivers in the background?)
- Installed the SDK 9.0 via Android Studio. After this, the phone is known as Samsung device (?)
- Toggling USB Preferences in Android between File Transfer and PTP
- Tried all USB ports on my computer:
- Full phone factory reset
Can someone point me into the right direction?