šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Okay. Stefan (or another Archangel) will probably do this, but as soon as you have the email address Nantes will get a mark on the #communitymap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can be available to help FP (future-)users. Iā€™m in Donostia/Sans Sebastian, in Basque Country, Spain.

10 Likes

Hi @lalejand,
Thanks for offering help, thatā€™s great news!
Iā€™ll send you a pm to start the angels onboarding process. :slight_smile:
Best,
Volker

2 Likes

Hi @lalejand, did you already have contact with the FP users group in Bilbao (bilbao@fairphone.community)? They might sometimes have spare parts available, closer to home than Fairphone in the Netherlands.

2 Likes

I have seen the group, bit didnā€™t contact them. Thanks for the hint about spare parts.

2 Likes

Since I was so kindly helped out by an angel before Iā€™d like to return the favor. Iā€™d be happy to become an angel myself. I live in the frankfurt area and Iā€™d be able to assist with fairphone 3.

13 Likes

Thanks for volunteering! Iā€™ll send you a personal message to set all this up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey there! This is Cristina calling from Vigo (Spain). I own a small coworking focused in circular economy and sostenibility and we would love to start a fairphone community here. Would it be that possible? We are using fairphone 3.

Kind regards.
Cristina

9 Likes

Great idea! It might be a good start to just begin a new topic within the ā€œlocalā€ category https://forum.fairphone.com/c/participate/local/ with some topic title like Vigo Fairphoners group and some lines describing your idea there. It may be best to write it in Spanishā€¦

2 Likes

Ok, Thanks Volker! We Ā“ ll start for that.

2 Likes

You can start a community without being a Fairphone Angel, thatā€™s the most welcome, and you can then organise meetups if you feel like it (well, currently not really I guessā€¦), discuss things locally, etcā€¦
Though if you want to become a Fairphone Angel as described in the first post (to be short: a volunteer to help and meet others, a contact point visible on the map and if possible a spare parts stock), then you are also most welcome! :smiley: In this case just tell us and weā€™ll deal with setting it up.

3 Likes

Yes Alex, thatĀ“s the idea.
And also yes, I would like to become a Fairphone angel too. That would be great.

5 Likes

Hello fellows =D

I live in Trier and recently bought some tools to repair electronics. I have dismantled my FP2 because the accumulator stoped charging for a reason yet to be discovered. For that I bought a new accumulator and a new bottom module. Dismantling and reconstructing the FP2 was a breeze. To get to the root of the problem I bought a charger.

On my FP2 I was happy to have the FP-Open OS at hand as a free privacy aware alternative. Installing the FP-Open OS was also a breeze, when I got my phone a few years ago.

I went through all of this because there is not a FP-Angel in my region. Now I would like to help others in my region by lending tools and sharing my skills and experience.

The languages I speak are English and German. I currently also learn Esperanto :smiley:

Would be glad to hear from you soon.

edit: here is the topic, where we talk about the charging problem: šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ Akku lƤdt nicht - #15 by nuiun

10 Likes

Hello people!

I am currently owning a Fairphone 3 and have experience in repairing both the Fairphone 2 and 3, so I would love to help out other people in the area of Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany with repairing their Fairphones and other questions that my arise. Maybe one day meetups and demos are also possible again :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Hey! Thanks a lot for volunteering! Iā€™ll send you a DM to start the onboarding process :wink:

4 Likes

Hi,
Unfortunately I have to leave the FP Angels program. Currently I donā€™t have the strength and the time to help as much, as I should.
This may change in the future, but right now, there are just disappointed people, who hoped to get help from me, but didnā€™t got it.
Please remove me from the mailinglist. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey @Manchot,
I can fully understand, I just removed you from the Rhein-Main heaven. Donā€™t hesitate to come back, and thanks for all the work you did up to now!

4 Likes

Hi @manchot
I imagine it can be a bit of a responsibility, I love to do it but apart from being a newbie Iā€™m concerned, as you found, that people wonā€™t get the support they want as I note just keeping an eye on the forum is pretty full on :slight_smile:

Still Iā€™m sure you have helped some people and thatā€™s all anyone can do.

All the best

1 Like

Hello, lā€˜m thinking about to become an Angel and the Rhein- Ruhr Heaven (at least neolovich) agreed to add me to their heaven. So would you do this? Iā€˜m located in Solingen what is actually neither Rhein nor Ruhr, but close to DĆ¼sseldorf and Kƶln and I work in Kƶln. Beside German I speak English and Spanish. I own a FP2 since almost 5 years. Let me know if you need anything else from my end.

9 Likes

Strongest-possible endorsement from my part :+1:

5 Likes