šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Great!
But are you really sure, you want to leave your phone number in this public forum? I would advise against it, privacywise.
If you become one of the famous Fairphone Angels, you could easily be reached via a special ā€œFairphone-Heavenā€-mail (if I got that right).
You just have to be put up as an angel.

4 Likes

thank you for your advice. Youā€™re right! So do you suggest me to cancel my number?

By the way, unfortunately, here there are very less fairphoner and I hope the number will increase soon!

2 Likes

Yes, I would delete the number in this public forum.
You will sure be an angel soon.

You could ask some of the experienced angels for advise, if you are interested in organizing a meetup. This way you could help to increase the numbers of Fairphoners in your area.
E.g. @urs_lesse is organzing meet-ups regularly and knows how to get those events into the newspaper.
And maybe you will find some to be interested in helping you as angels too.

1 Like

Kaixo / hola,
ĀæOraindik bilbon zaudela? / Āæsigues viviendo en bilbo?, es que soy nuevo en el foro. Soy de bizkaia (y vivo) y desde hace bastante tiempo me quiero pasar a los Fairphoneā€™s, pero tengo varias dudas.

P.d.: Āæfairphone aingeru bat zara, ez?.

Kaixo Bittor!

Yo tambiƩn vivo en Bilbo. Soy usuaria de FP desde Febrero de 2016, y como dices, tambien miembro de la Comunidad. Diego y yo somos FP Angels en Bilbao, asi que podemos hablar por supuesto cuando quieras.

Si quieres pasame tu movil y te llamo,
Un abrazo,

Iratxe

4 Likes
@Bittor Please use this:

3 Likes

Thankā€™s , ezkerrak, gracias.

3 Likes

Hallo zusammen, ich wƤre bereit Fairphone Angel zu werden fĆ¼r die Region Bodensee-Oberschwaben. Nutzererfahrungen mit FP1 und auch Reparaturerfahrung mit FP2 habe ich, ein paar Ersatzteil sind bereits im Fundus. @Stefan, gerne darfst du mich auf die Map setzen! ā€œBodensee-Oberschwabenā€ kƶnnte auch ein Name sein https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_Bodensee-Oberschwaben oder eben ā€œRavensburgā€.

Viele GrĆ¼ĆŸe aus 88212 Ravensburg

6 Likes

Hat sich schon jemand mit dir in Verbindung gesetzt?

Ich wĆ¼rde auf jeden Fall fĆ¼r :email: ravensburg :slight_smile: fairphone ā€¢ community :email: plƤdieren.

2 Likes

Ja, ist beim Support schon beauftragt. Im Moment warten wir noch auf die Einrichtung der Mailingliste durch den Provider.

4 Likes

Ja, schon passiert! Danke!!

2 Likes

Hi FP community! Are any Fairphone Angels out there that could help me install /e/ onto my FP3 in Munich? Thanks and enjoy your day!

Please see the first post of this topic, section ā€œHow to get in touchā€ :wink: .

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I became quite active on this forum lately, and I am now thinking about becoming a Fairphone angel for the town of Nantes, in France, where there isnā€™t any yet.
Although I have already read this thread in its entirety, I still have some unanswered questions to ask to angels, to have some feedback, before becoming one myself.

• I know itā€™s more whether I feel it or not (and I do !), but you must have a minimum knowledge about repairing Fairphones, donā€™t you?
  • How much time does it take? Knowing I am still studying in high school, can this fit together?
  • Would I be sent spare parts for FP3, as I donā€™t have one? I have plenty for FP2 thoughā€¦

Thanks in advance and cheers!
Alex

5 Likes

Hi Alex,

I can give you my personal view on this.

• When I joined the Angels program I basically knew nothing about smartphone repair (I had the FP1 at that time and never really opened it except for the battery and SIM/SD cards). For me it felt ok to just be able to help on the software side. And I guess one important aspect of being an Angel - for me - is to have a kind of an overview of ā€œwhatā€™s going onā€ on the forums. Often enough itā€™s just pointing people to the right topic or giving information they were not able to find easily.
  • The amount of time is probably fully up to you. And it will depend on decisions like do you want to organize regular meetings, too, or do you just act when you get contacted as an Angel?
  • Iā€™m not aware that Angels get equipped with spare parts but you could organize group buys to at least share the shipping cost with other people.
6 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I thought about this and I will see depending on my available time, perhaps one and then the other.

Hmm Iā€™ll have to think about thisā€¦

Well then count me in! Do I have to send a request to the angelsā€™ group or will it be done soon?

3 Likes

Great to hear that you want to become a Fairphone Angel! :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll tag @Stefan here since he is responsible for the creation of new heavens.

To answer your questions:

• If you are able to swap out modules and can make educated guesses which module probably is at fault thatā€™s completely enough :slight_smile:
  • In Vienna we only have max 4 requests per week, but usually only around 1-2. Many of them can also be easily solved by email, only some require a physical meeting. It will definitely not take a lot of time, you can easily keep studying (I e.g. am also an Angel for Linz, a city with about 250.000 residents and I didnā€™t get a single angel request from there since the coronavirus crisis started in march).
  • They donā€™t, but there is already a solution for this. I canā€™t post it publicly I think, but donā€™t worry about it :wink:
1 Like

All @Archangels can do that. So Iā€™ll at least start the processā€¦ :grinning:

2 Likes

Is nantes@fp ... already active?

Well if it is Iā€™m not aware of it :sweat_smile: So I donā€™t think so.