šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

Of course, will deal with it next year (meaning a few days) when I have time :wink:

6 Likes

Okay,
Thanks Alex :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for volunteering :+1:
Out of curiousity, how did you get to know about Fairphone Angels in the first place? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I randomly knew Fairphone Angels, i was looking for an information in a topic, Iā€™ve seen Alex, then clicked on his profile, and talked with him :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you very much also from my side for volunteering as a new Angel in Cannes!
Iā€™ve just added you to the Angels group and sent you information how to proceed.
In case of any further questions please feel free to contact me or any Angel.

6 Likes

Hello I am interested in being a Fairphone angel in Ireland. I live in Cloughjordan, Tipperary, (a village) however I see there are no angels in Ireland at all so I could be one for Ireland as a whole until there are enough for different areas of Ireland?

11 Likes

Hello and thanks for volunteering!
The way the map works is by setting a 30km circle around the given location, but if anyone wishes to contact you because youā€™re the only one in Ireland, they can of course :slight_smile: I wouldnā€™t know where to set the circle if for all Ireland and increasing the size of it just for you would unfortunately be a bit bothersome.

5 Likes

Oh! The 30km circle sounds far less worrying. I hadnā€™t put my name forward as i imagined i may not be able to support a wide ranging user base.

OK I 'm up for it :slight_smile: Thereā€™s no one near me :rofl:

I noticed Chris is labeled as north england and i was concerned that i may be the only one in southern England, and Iā€™m specifically the south west.

So apart from ā€˜locationā€™ by the way is it clear that the angel has limited ability to fly from the offset.p, another concern is how contact is made.

Maybe i should be reading up more than posting questions.

Thanks for the 30K info I will dust down and oil my feathers.

6 Likes

While I remember some discussions originally about the diameter of the blue circles, I doubt that Fairphoners in need and contacting the Angels look up if their place of residence is still within the circle or just outside. I am quite certain everyone contacting an Angel knows very well that they arenā€™t contacting flying doctors.
I think the main rationale behind the diameter now should be to make the spot visible on the map without having to zoom in too much.

6 Likes

Youā€™re always in right to say someone is too far for you to move, you really have no obligations, not even to answer (itā€™s just nicer for the people who contact you). Just do what you feel you can :slight_smile:

An email is set up for your community in such a way that it will arrive in your forum DMs and you have norhing to do.

Haha no, no probs, Iā€™m not even sure this is written somewhere else than in the Angelsā€™ guides which you donā€™t have access to, so you can ask questions if you wish :wink:

Weā€™ll be sending you both the DMs when we can.

:+1:

3 Likes

OK so i can send Lat and Long for the centre of the map location and what about the title.

South West England is OK maybe
Cornwall|Devon or
CornDev (that sounds a bit wierd)
How about South West ELF

3 Likes

I think just ā€œCornwallā€ would make things the easiest. Itā€™s where you are and itā€™s easy to remember, and the more specific the name is, the more it makes people understand you cannot sail the seven seas to get in touch.

7 Likes

As Iā€™m on the border of two counties ie the Cornish side of the river Tamar that would be a better indication as I am one extreme if Cornwall.

Otherwise Plymouth is the nearest city.

3 Likes

To me ā€œCornwallā€ as well as ā€œPlymouthā€ each sound ok, Iā€™m mainly just for choosing a well-known ā€œhousehold nameā€ and ideally not a composite.

6 Likes

OK Plymouth is a better indication of my area, Iā€™ll go with that when you have nothing more entertaining to do.

Is there some guidelines and rules i will be sent, anything I need to read.

Thanks

5 Likes

So although I may be contacted via an email address it pops up in my DM box and I can answer by DM ?

3 Likes

Fine, Iā€™ll follow your advice and configure ā€œPlymouthā€.

Yes, youā€™ll get it soon! :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly. Btw.: you can also answer on public topics via e-mail in case youā€™re informed about a postā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you very much also from my side for volunteering as a new Angel in County Tipperary (I hope it was OK that I finally decided to use this as contact addressā€¦)!
Iā€™ve just added you to the Angels group and sent you information how to proceed.

5 Likes

Thank you very much also from my side for volunteering as a new Angel near Plymouth city!

5 Likes

I agree with Alex.

In my case, no one ever asked me to move, itā€™s the contrary: they asked where this is convenient for me to meet.
Once, a german lady that I met at Aachen meetings (Germany) took the ICE train to LiĆØge (Belgium) so I can help her to install alternative OS on her FP2.
She also offers me to pay me, but instead I suggested her to bring some food and we had lunch together :smiley:

10 Likes