šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program (Local support by community members) - Offers and questions

ā€œStillā€? I think it wasnā€™t broken last Mondayā€¦

2 Likes

Apparently it was just a temporary issue (or a technical problem on my side). Visible for me now. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I can see the map, but in the contact list below it the buttons ā€œContact 1 Angelā€ donā€™t do anything (Firefox 109 on Windows)

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d noticed the same problem on Monday, but have not yet further analyzed itā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve just fixed it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey everyone, I would like to become an angel and iā€™m in Montreal, Canada. I know fairphone is a european phone but there is still a good amount of people, like me, who loves the fairphone. So if itā€™s possible I would like to join. I know a good amount about the hardware and the software, Iā€™ve had a fp2 and now fp4, I know how to change the OS and currently looking into really learning about the hardware with this Physically add second sim
Thanks for the consideration

11 Likes

You are the second Angel in Canada then, great!:blush:

Just tagging @NGnius ā€¦

1 Like

Welcome! Really close to me too, maybe we should meet up at some point.

6 Likes

Really I donā€™t find any angel in north america on the map?

You have to zoom in on NA, since Iā€™m the only one. And if you still canā€™t find me, Iā€™m in Ottawa.

4 Likes

Thanks @Atlantian for offering to participate as Fairphone Angel and welcome as a new Fairphone Angel!
Iā€™ve added you to the according groups and started the ā€œonboarding processā€.
Iā€™ve sent you a pm with more details.

Does anybody know how many angels are watching over Fairphone users? :slight_smile:

The list at šŸ‘¼ The Fairphone Angels Program and Map (Local support by community members) shows all heavens and how many angels they have.

7 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response. Both Canadian sites are now visible on the angels map:

Site Montreal is now up and running.

8 Likes

If I recall it correctly, this has ā€“ at least in the map ā€“ increased the visibility of :canada: Canadian Fairphone Angels a great deal. I seem to remember it took really a lot of zooming in before spotting the Ottawa blue circle while now the two are shown literally at first sight :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you need more Angels in Berlin, Germany, I offer my help as well.

I am an active maintainer of a number of Open Source projects (including projects for Android as well) and recently got a Fairphone 4. Eventhough the Fairphone as a ā€œdaily driverā€ is quite new to me I already know Fairphone and Android in general for many years.

Iā€™m a native German speaker but also fluent in English.

9 Likes

Berlin (a.k.a. the Fairphone world capital in terms of number of users :wink: ) is probably the one Angel heaven that would benefit most from more Angels :slight_smile: Great Angel @schmulschubiak will surely welcome you :+1:

6 Likes

@askaaron Woohoo!
Letā€™s meet and discuss all the details!

7 Likes

Thanks for your offer, sounds great!
Iā€™ve added you to the general Angels and to the Berlin Angels groups.
Wonderful if you could team up with @schmulschubiak !

6 Likes

Hello,
I would like to join as Fairphone Angel in Nowy DwĆ³r Mazowiecki, Poland
I can help local users with replacing parts, rooting, custom roms, degoogling, basically all things android

11 Likes