I had a big issue with my Fairphone 3: impossible to charge correctly since 2 weeks.
The exact behavior is:
- charging takes 24h for 30%
- the charging icon is never again in speed mode, no more little lightning in the battery icon
- the LED indicating the charge was sometimes visible, sometimes not…
My setup is:
- an official FP3 with pre-installed Android 10, fully updated, bought few months ago on the official store
- 2 officials chargers and cables for tests
- a new battery for tests
- clean charging pins and no bad use of the phone since the beginning
I tried everything in my power, described here:
- My FP3/FP3+ is not working. What can I do? – Support
- all posts on forum with a related subject
- factory reset, fully unmount, clean, let it down 1 day, reset while waiting a minute on the button, even voodoo stuff
- pin/unpin from several points of the wire
- the phone support in not responding at all since 2 weeks, “because of fairphone 3+ launching”
Today, I tried something new, just because I was boring: put the phone in plane mode, then normal, then plane mode… 3 times in a row. Then pin again in plane mode, and: miracle, I just recover the normal charging mode !
I don’t know at all what hardware/software/voodoo worked here, but I wanted to share this strange experience with you.