I got my FP3 a few days ago and am pleased so far.
I had to charge it and it started “charging slowly” but changed to “charging rapidly” after a couple of minutes.
However today, I wanted to charge my phone again and after an hour it had charged by 3%, still said “charging slowly” and that it will take aproximently 1 day to fully charge. I can’t imagine this being normal, as it charged at a normal speed yesterday.
I couldn’t find any options in my phone settings that would enable a fast charging mode. My charging cable is adaptive for fast charging and has all the specs listed on the FAQ site. It’s not the original charger cause they were out of stock at the time I bought the phone.
Anybody know what I am doing wrong? Should I send the phone back?
It has 2 amperes and was able to “charge rapidly” the last few days. Is there no option to activate the rapid charging instantly? You can’t tell me that everybody who doesn’t own the correct charger has to wait 1 day to fully charge their phone. That’s not on par with the idea of reducing waste if everybody has to buy a new charger anyway.
Rapid Charging only works between 0 and 90 percent battery (an appropriate charger and cable assumed). The remaining 10% alway charge slowly to go easy on the battery. This is a proprietary Fairphone technology that cannot be switched on or off.
So after changing nothing my issue has been resolved.
Incase somebody searches, if the “rapid / fast charging”-mode works with the Fairphone 3 FP3 while using the Samsung EP-TA20EBE module (2.0 A / adaptive fast charging) with the matching Type C- to USB 2.0 Standard-A Cable, it does (most of the times).
I have the same issue but more frequently. Sometimes it charges slowly sometimes fast.
For me what helps is reconnecting the cable. Although recently I have to do this several times.
I have the same issue with different cables and charges. All correct ratings. So I guess I need to take a look at the phones connector, maybe it is dirty.
Because charging slowly still means 5v1A if I understood something of the usbc powerdelivery protocol. This should not take a whole day to charge, so my guess is that the connector becomes dirty/ has not a good connection.
As I have stated it takes me 1hr to charge 20% so 5hr for 3Ah, without loses that would be 600mA/Hr ~ less than the 5A @ 1A
Though at 4.4V, the actual charge voltage, it is likely to be near 800mA
And I am pretty sure the usb cable and socket are clean as a) both phone and cable were new in Oct 20 and it has been the same since purchase and b) I have the usb port on the phone covered at times, whilst not charging.
You might want to take a look at magnetic adapters. The phone side of them covers the connector nicely, and the magnetic connection to the cable side of them is not only pretty convenient, it also prevents the wear and tear that naturally comes to a heavily used USB port over time … even if supposedly USB-C should not break as easily as micro USB.
Nonwoven Fabric (TNT) The Non-woven is a material made of fabric-based polypropylene and viscose which has, among its main features, the fact that they are non-toxic and semi-permeable , thus preventing the passage of particles or droplets of contaminated fluid. The non-woven is a flat, flexible and porous structure consisting of a mat or veil of fibers or filaments directionally or randomly …