Software update: FP4.SP2G.B.079.20230624

Anybody can tell me what “Display: colors no longer change after turning on the screen of the device.” means? :open_mouth:

Which colors?
The display doesn’t show any colors when off, and the device itself never changed color, regardless if the display was on or off…

2 Likes

Sometimes, when the device screen was off and then awaken (turned on by pressing the power button once), the system was not immediately applying the correct color filters (e.g. Night Light) and thus the screen was showing the default color configuration for about half a second, before switching to the correct color correction selected by the user.

I am not sure this clarifies your doubts, the issue is not easy to describe with words only :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I does, thanks.
I’ve never used those screen color-changing features, so I never met this bug.

I never really understood that, and I can’t imagine it. There are OS versions that have been changed somewhat, but I only know this from the past. Since the provider was then displayed in the boot logo etc… Since the update is quite large, it is probably rolled out in stages.

I do, but I didn’t notice this issue. Glad it got fixed though.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: From Lineage back to Stock

Usual link to the ota.zip for those that need it :slightly_smiling_face:

Since the kernel page isn’t up-to-date yet here’s a current boot.img as well (also comes in a Magisk flavour)

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

I’ve noticed Wi-Fi Calling is working well in the states. I had clear voice calling without interruptions. It does use cell data when I’m on the road. I can finally say its a good update. I don’t know if the screen still dims when gaming outside. I have to play Pokémon go later today. Those are the only issues i’ve had in the states.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Screen dimming (while brightness slider stays at 100%) after A12 update

No Update here :frowning: … how long i have to wait?

1 Like

Just one problem noted so far, likely related to this OS update.
Yesterday (18/07, so one day after the update) the Proton Drive app on my phone, which I hadn’t used since the update, started to misbehave. After launching it, before I could log in, it crashed and restarted, repeatedly. After quitting the app, repeated error messages “Proton Drive keeps stopping”.

A reboot of the phone, emptying the app cache, didn’t help. I was able to fix the problem by reinstalling the app, following prompt advice from Proton support team.

1 Like

Same here, I guess the carrier is now testing the update? Or they are simply slow pressing the OK button. But I feel your pain, using a May update and it’s almost August.

Updated without issues.

So where is ‘here’ and what carrier are you using, it’s a roll out that selects specific area and networks over time.

I have Dual SIM in Use with Vaderphone and Telekom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still nothing here (Germany, Telekom). I have given up any efforts to understand that.

I got it now :slight_smile: yes yes yes :smiley:

Feedback: very Good Update :slight_smile: , since after the Big Bang from Android 12! Thank You Fairphone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just arrived. The VoLTE switch is gone. Hope it still works.

Now you say it, I don’t see it either (T-Mobile CZ). I see the Wi-Fi calling option though. Weird. I also hope that it’s just invisible but otherwise works.