Software update: FP4.SP2G.B.079.20230624

I’ve noticed Wi-Fi Calling is working well in the states. I had clear voice calling without interruptions. It does use cell data when I’m on the road. I can finally say its a good update. I don’t know if the screen still dims when gaming outside. I have to play Pokémon go later today. Those are the only issues i’ve had in the states.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Screen dimming (while brightness slider stays at 100%) after A12 update

No Update here :frowning: … how long i have to wait?

1 Like

Just one problem noted so far, likely related to this OS update.
Yesterday (18/07, so one day after the update) the Proton Drive app on my phone, which I hadn’t used since the update, started to misbehave. After launching it, before I could log in, it crashed and restarted, repeatedly. After quitting the app, repeated error messages “Proton Drive keeps stopping”.

A reboot of the phone, emptying the app cache, didn’t help. I was able to fix the problem by reinstalling the app, following prompt advice from Proton support team.

1 Like

Same here, I guess the carrier is now testing the update? Or they are simply slow pressing the OK button. But I feel your pain, using a May update and it’s almost August.

Updated without issues.

So where is ‘here’ and what carrier are you using, it’s a roll out that selects specific area and networks over time.

I have Dual SIM in Use with Vaderphone and Telekom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still nothing here (Germany, Telekom). I have given up any efforts to understand that.

I got it now :slight_smile: yes yes yes :smiley:

Feedback: very Good Update :slight_smile: , since after the Big Bang from Android 12! Thank You Fairphone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just arrived. The VoLTE switch is gone. Hope it still works.

Now you say it, I don’t see it either (T-Mobile CZ). I see the Wi-Fi calling option though. Weird. I also hope that it’s just invisible but otherwise works.

@peci1 if I remeber correctly knows how to check

this unsightly problem no longer exists!!! This is so awesome!

Now it looks nice and clean :slight_smile: , Aptx HD I could still test but later :smiley: , looking forward to it!

Yes,
would be nice to see the trusted Kernel online to be able to update a rooted phone…

I can confirm that the VoLTE setting is gone from my Congstar SIM, but still there for my Proximus SIM :thinking:

1 Like

Got it! This change was especially welcome:

• Bluetooth audio: Qualcomm aptX and aptX Adaptive codecs issues resolved.

Now my PF4 works with my Sennheiser/EPOS BT headphones :+1:

4 Likes

So it may depend on the carrier. Let’s hope it works correctly.

Dear Fairphone Team,

thank you very much for this great update. It makes the device again as I imagine it at least. I still hope that you get the display dimming under control. Other than that, I see a few other tweaks, but no real bugs, like the “At Glace” widget, or those automatic time colors on the home screen and in the AppDrawer. Other than that, I’m really happy and enjoying my FP4 again and hope to use it for a very, very, very long time.

3 Likes

From this update onward, unless subsequent changes are made, the absence of the VoLTE toggle usually means that VoLTE is enabled by default on the specific mobile network.

14 Likes