Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear that it works for you now.

Just for the records: the problem is caused by Android 12 and is not specific to the Fairphone 4. Other devices were also affected by this issue. Android itself it already got fixed (that’s why LineageOS 20 which is based on Android 13 does not have this problem) and I believe it’s just a matter of time until AptX is also usable with the original Android-Version on Fairphone 4 as well.

1 Like

I bring good news!

The June update was delayed a bit but it’s right around the corner now and it will include a fix for the incomplete AptX support. Stay tuned for the update announcement and release notes.

12 Likes

Great News :blush: , it makes me happy :).

The June update was just pushed out and you should receive it shortly. It’s almost 500 MB so you have time to charge your headphones while you wait :wink:
As always, customers of some operators may receive it with a delay.

7 Likes

My FP4 are connected to my charger :). Thx @anon64862762 <3

I can confirm, aptX is working with the update B.079

3 Likes

That sounds awesome :slight_smile:

In the literal sense of these words :wink:

1 Like

AptX adaptive working as well (B&W Pi7 S2). That’s great news.

A bit sad, though, that it took four months or so to get that big fixed.

Unfortunately, even after updating to the latest firmware, I still cannot use aptx Bluetooth Codec: It is greyed out in the developer system settings. I got a Fairphone 4 with O2 in Germany.

That normally means the BT device does not support the codec!?

No, I’m using Bluetooth devices supporting aptx like Sennheiser Momentum 3 Headphones or JBL Xtreme 3 speaker.

Moved your posts here maybe others confirming it is working can help out

My issue is resolved, my fault: HD Audio was turned off in my settings. I have turned it on and now aptx works fine!

5 Likes

I still have troubles with my Libratone Track Air+ with FP4.SP2G.B.079.20230624:
After connecting the TRACK Air+ left, a popup for pairing the TRACK Air+ right should appear, but it does not. After pairing the Libratone TRACK Air+ left “aptX” is shown, but no pairing of the right one. Also the left one is not connecting automaticly by taking it out of the case. I have to connect it manually.
I also resetted the earbuds. No change.

1 Like

Well, it’s a letdown for me. The issue is not fixed. My connected amp does supports Aptx but it still won’t work after the update…It works only with audio HD off :frowning:

Edit : wait wait wait. I installed the update this morning and I can download it again. Here I go, I may have spoken too fast. I’l edit if it works

It works !!! Nice !

5 Likes

Yay :grinning: My Koss Porta Pro Wireless headphones started working again!

The option is only available if a AptX capable device is connected.

The bug in the past was not that AptX is not available - it just did not work, so you needed to disable it after connecting a headset to avoid problems.

My issue is resolved, my fault: HD Audio was turned off in my settings. I have turned it on and now aptx works fine!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.