Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

Unfortunately, even after updating to the latest firmware, I still cannot use aptx Bluetooth Codec: It is greyed out in the developer system settings. I got a Fairphone 4 with O2 in Germany.

That normally means the BT device does not support the codec!?

No, I’m using Bluetooth devices supporting aptx like Sennheiser Momentum 3 Headphones or JBL Xtreme 3 speaker.

Moved your posts here maybe others confirming it is working can help out

My issue is resolved, my fault: HD Audio was turned off in my settings. I have turned it on and now aptx works fine!

5 Likes

I still have troubles with my Libratone Track Air+ with FP4.SP2G.B.079.20230624:
After connecting the TRACK Air+ left, a popup for pairing the TRACK Air+ right should appear, but it does not. After pairing the Libratone TRACK Air+ left “aptX” is shown, but no pairing of the right one. Also the left one is not connecting automaticly by taking it out of the case. I have to connect it manually.
I also resetted the earbuds. No change.

1 Like

Well, it’s a letdown for me. The issue is not fixed. My connected amp does supports Aptx but it still won’t work after the update…It works only with audio HD off :frowning:

Edit : wait wait wait. I installed the update this morning and I can download it again. Here I go, I may have spoken too fast. I’l edit if it works

It works !!! Nice !

5 Likes

Yay :grinning: My Koss Porta Pro Wireless headphones started working again!

The option is only available if a AptX capable device is connected.

The bug in the past was not that AptX is not available - it just did not work, so you needed to disable it after connecting a headset to avoid problems.

My issue is resolved, my fault: HD Audio was turned off in my settings. I have turned it on and now aptx works fine!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.