Software update: FP4.SP21.B.048.20230215

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

I’ve been ignoring the Android 12 update so far to avoid the problems with the glance widget and the clock as well documented in “Android 12 has come to the FP4”, and because I tend to avoid being an early adopter anyway because of the inevitable teething problems, but it sounds like neither of those specific issues have been addressed in this update, right?

2 Likes

Yeah, the At a Glance widget is still messed up. Hope they’ll manage to fix it in the next update.

1 Like

Got the update, finally android 12 for Orange Belgium , but for whatever reason no LTE anymore, I’m always on 3G. Anyone the same?

Edit: nevermind, seems to have fixed itself after a day or so

1 Like

So you are one of the lucky ones, who os using AptX HD.

Those using Aptx,Aptx Adaptive its not fixed, see here and follow-up in this thread.

4 Likes

When I installed the update, I was happy because of the BT fix. And was hoping that other problems would be fixed. I know how to describe my disappointment with this update. The quality is so inferior and bad that I have the impression that the model maintenance is being done by a person who is also not able to test what has been fixed at all. Dear employees of the Fairphone Group. Your smartphone is a premium device with mid-range hardware! So please invest more energy in the software than in your marketing. Advertisements are already running on TV. Congratulations if you manage to sell more devices, if you don’t want to push your customers towards an iPhone or Samsung, then work on your software. This is not an acceptable condition.

2 Likes

Can you be more specific? I haven’t found anything this update would fck up.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Update applied.

samee… and that clock is horrendous😭

1 Like

Bluetooth with jabra 3 makes YouTube videos slow

It’s not fixed on my Fairphone 4 in combination with my Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear Wireless. Still need to disable aptX HD to get any audio over Bluetooth.

1 Like

After update Hotspot still missing.

Hotspot is working for me. Had to select 2,4GHz channel though.

This sounds a bit dramatic. What exactly is the issue? You make it sound as though your phone exploded and killed your pet cat.

2 Likes

I notice that the battery usage statistics, which were not working since the switch to Android 12, are working again.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bluetooth audio bug on Android 12

Are you sure? I still see the same issue happening in the battery usage overview. Only 3 hours of stats, but the phone has been on for a full day without a charge.

4 Likes

You are right… It is very ennoying

A post was merged into an existing topic: Display brightness too low at dark environment

Thank you! Wide-angle camera sensor works perfectly.
Now we can record night sky timelapse with wide angle lens :blush:
In OpenCamera even the exposure and manual focus works great.