Software Update: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27

@Mixigodo I am using Nikita GCam version 1.8 based on Google Camera version 8.2.300.368894857.16 and have no crash in video mode. I use the default settings so no custom.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the implementation is not good. Since the brightness is not reduced consistently on the last 10-15% of the slider, it is simply an abrupt jump to dark.

We have had this poor implementation before. :neutral_face:

1 Like

On the selfie camera using Nikita 8ā€¦300 I do get crashes even after clearing the cache and storage and restarting the phone, but not using the deafult camera nor using Open camera

Me and other people in the Reddit Thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/fairphone/comments/y8ew37/no_data_after_update/) have problems with the mobile connection. Mobile Data only uses GPRS. Vodafone Germany.

Works for me, Prepaid CallYa with Vodafone Germany.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Iā€™ve looked at your [reddit] link and you can find many previous issues with Vodafone Germany in this forum.

Fo those ā€˜sufferingā€™ it is not funny for sure but given the amount of times Vodaphone has had issues itā€™s more of a how could they noit get it wrong again rather than get it ā€˜rightā€™.

Of course the further embarrasment is that Vodaphone is a stated partner with Fairphone ~ the mind boggles

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=Vodaphone

Sorry, I meant the front camera (selfie cam). As @yvmuell points out, Iā€™m not a native English speaker, and I didnā€™t express myself very well.

I was using the version I linked before (NGCam_8.1.101-v1.0). After removing it and installing the one you suggest (NGCam_8.2.300-v1.8) I still have crashes when I try to activate the front camera (selfie) in video mode. But thanks anyway for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Like @anon9989719, I donā€™t have this problem in the default camera or in Open Camera.

1 Like

Yes, the video mode of the selfie camera of the Nikita GCam causes a crash. I tried the same with the 5 other cameras i have installed and use and there it works. It is a crash caused by Nikita GCam but not a fundamental one of Fairphone and the update.

1 Like

The poor performance of my Fairphone seems to be fixed now. I tested it intensively yesterday evening and today no lags anymore.

Did it fix itself or with the new update? ā€¦ Software Update: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27

4 Likes

With the update. I should have said that. Bluetooth is also fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for posting.

Thank you very much. Iā€™ll test that over the next few days.

Same here. Works again. The rest, iā€™ll see.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Resetting the APN and restarting the phone seems to have fixed the issue. I will try to change my provider these days.

5 Likes

Yes, I only commented on it because it happened to me just after updating. By the way, I didnā€™t have the previous update installed (the one with the bluetooth and nfc problems), but the one before that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to link it seems there is an issue with secondary user after the update

1 Like

Thatā€™s not accurate. I had the issue with the secondary user BEFORE and AFTER installing the update.
Remember, I applied the update only because you mentioned it in the other thread where I described the problem with secondary user

1 Like

And others reported it only started AFTER the updateā€¦ So maybe partially true.

Unfortunately the problem with call volume isnā€™t solved yet.