Software Update: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27

Hi everyone,

A new software update for Fairphone 3 and Fairphone 3+ users is available.

Software Version: 8901.4.A.0017.3-gms-15368f27
Security Patch Level: 5th of October, 2022
Update Size: 34.64 MB

List of changes:

• Fixed an issue that was causing, when upgrading from Android 9 directly to Android 11, some Bluetooth remote controls not working properly anymore.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the phone not to be able to communicate correctly with certain glucose monitoring devices via NFC.
  • The ā€œSound Recorderā€ app, which was erroneously removed from the previous software, has been restored.
  • The automatic ambient brightness behavior has now been properly integrated with Googleā€™s Device Health service app.
  • The network compatibility for various carriers has been enhanced.

Please note:

Together with our partners, we test the software before its release, and in some instances where a software update might result in some problems for users on a specific network or in a specific country, we prefer to delay the software release for that specific customer base and fix all the potential issues before making the software available to everyone.

That means that depending on your network provider, some Fairphone 3/3+ users may receive this update later. Once the update is available, youā€™ll receive a push notification to update automatically.

21 Likes

I can confirm that Bluetooth remote control works again. Though I, and I assume most others who experienced this issue, had not upgraded from Android 9 directly to Android 11. :thinking:

13 Likes

There is another topic asking for opinions that Iā€™ve asked to be moved here.

In response and otherwise I have found that reducing the screen brightness manually to itā€™s lowest level left it so dark I couldnā€™t see any screen controls, I had to power off and on the first time, the next time I went into a really dark place and could just about see enough to pull down the menu and manually bring up the brightness.

Things happen :slight_smile: again and again :frowning:

1 Like

@Milchmann please have a look at the (English) links at the bottom of the first post here. Thereā€™s already (positive) feedback in two linked topics.

1 Like

Would love to see your feeback on this update.

What interests me the most is for sure:

• Bluetooth controls fixed?
  • Brighnes (auto) adjumstment fixed?

Anything else for you?

How can I download the update.
If I let the phone search for updates, it just tells me itā€™s up to date.

The forum software does not let me post something that is only a quote, so Iā€™m writing this useless sentence. Here the actual response:

1 Like

Updates are rolled out via the networks so maybe yours is delayed due to a failed test or not being on a primary list.

Please see the note in the head post.

You may want to divulge your provider.

Funny, I hadnā€™t had an update since the Android 11 upgrade in April and this one popped up this morning!
My partner still hasnā€™t had the notification for the A11 upgrade (we both have FP3s)!
Weā€™re both with the same provider, Telecoop, a MVNO which uses the Orange network in France.
Weā€™ll seeā€¦

1 Like

I just feel like my username towards Fairphone. New Update and immediately no connection anymore. Only changing the SIM slot for the 1000000th time after another update works. Itā€™s so annoying.

1 Like

Had the same but it all came back after I rebooted the phone

3 Likes

Bluetooth and performance problems are fixed for me.

5 Likes

After this update, when I try to activate the internal camera in the video mode of Nikitaā€™s GCam mod, the application crashes (before the update it was fine). Iā€™m not complaining: I know itā€™s not an official port, it has no guarantees and itā€™s not related to Fairphone in any way, but Iā€™m mentioning it because it might be interesting for the team to know.

In the default camera I have no problem activating any of the cameras in any mode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just recently I noticed that after an update (also Google Play update) all my links/shortcuts on the home screen are lost. With links I mean e.g. a shortcut to the battery setting, or a link to a browser URL. Anybody does have the same issues?

That was reported frequently. Mostly when ā€˜Digital Wellbeingā€™ is active.

5 Likes

What do you mean by internal camera, there is the front and the rear ~ both external ??

The lowest minimum brightness seems to have been reduced. Thank you!!! I can finally use my phone at night without a screen dimmer app again!

6 Likes

External? Thats kind of how you see it. For me they, are internal, external would be any attachment lense e.g.

Either way, I think we can understand what is meant with the description above, please remind we are not all native EN.

1 Like

Which version do you use, did you try another one?

Do you mean the front /selfie camera is the internal ??