Software Update: 3.A.0129.20210805 (unknown caller and zero brightness bugs)

Actually yes it might be that this bug is trasferred to other OS, at least I know about 1 user who bought the FP3 recently and directly after updating to latest FPOS changed to e/OS and has the unknwon caller bug.

And just 1 note: your phone is not rooted by installing another OS nor must the bootloader stay unlocked, however due to other things a custom ROM can cause issues with some banking Apps (O dont have issues with mine)

1 Like

Interesting. So e/ is not an option i guess.

I tryd it back in feb 2020 when k4y0z ported TWRP to FP3.
Non of my bankingapps worked back then. So i had to go back to stockrom with locked bootloader. But only for a try i dont want to flash linage only to see that banking apps will not work. The Sparkasse is a pain in the ass when it comes to there apps. When you wanna use there PSD2/TAN-crap first you have to get a physical paper with a useonlyonce passcode. Wenn you delete the appdata on the phone and reinstall itā€¦ you have to get a new physical paper with a new useonlyonce passcode. This happend to me twice!

Root on my phone AND working bankingapps would be great. Because i then could use ad-away and some cpu-scaling stuff.

1 Like

Sorry, do I miss something? I thought we are trading different opinions and not accusing each other?
Martin_Mattausch-Wie was saying, that the Fairphone 3(+) at the moment does not have any internet connection, so security updates arenā€˜t necessary. I only tried to explain, that this might be true for how he uses his phone, but the majority of users do have a fully working phone, because there are a lot of non German, non Vodafone, WiFi or second SIM users out there, who donā€˜t have problems at all with an Internet connection, so security updates are very necessary.

2 Likes

Mine neither, but donā€˜t you read your own postings? They sound very aggressive, full of words like shā€¦, fā€¦ up and so on, thatā€˜s not the way to treat other users here in the community. Even if you are not addressing them directly.

5 Likes

I did not say i have no connection. I have. But what can you realy (and i mean : realy) do with 2G in 2021? Checking your mailaccount? Do a quick googlesearch for whatever will be a experience of frustrating brainpain. Good luck with that. Or use gmaps for car-navigationā€¦thats fun on 2G.

1 Like

Didnā€™t helped, till now, ther is not a slightly learning curve.
The adaptive light worked befor this update for me.

1 Like

I know i curse a lot. Even more when i am angry. But how else would you describe a thing that is far off a small inconvenience, like the bluetooth double-tap-bug, at least bluetooth worksā€¦

But unknown callerā€¦ . The last time in history you did not know who is calling before answering the call was when telephones where these black bakelite-bricks with a spiral cord. And iam old enough to remenber these times.

I also love to know beforehand if the caller is my mother or the friendly indian microsoft scammer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How could i descibe?

Exactly as you have now done " more than an inconvenience" etc. ā€œto meā€

After a week and a halfā€¦ sure. After 6 weeks and countingā€¦ inconvenience is not the right word anymore.

If i had midsized company (wich i have not), wich also does buisnessdeals over the phone. And a lot of money is involved. And for whatever reason i give fairphones to all my employie (just because i like the philosophie behind fp)ā€¦ And then such a thing happend. My Company now does not make money. In fact it looses money because my employies cant call customers back. 6 weeks inā€¦ i might call a lawer on an iphone.

Or for a better relatable example:

If you have a clogged pipe. And you toiletwater does not go away when you flush. You call the plumber. He comes to your home an say. ā€œI fount it. You have a clogged pipe. Now that i know that i will look into it. I also promise i will fix it but i did not tell you when i do that. Maybe in the next regular maintenance interval. Maybe earlyer, i dont knowā€ How much time would you give that plumber to fix it? (and noā€¦ buying a second toilette is not an option :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

private inconvenience is not a public inconvenience, so privately i can use a bucket.

The problem is seeing Fairphoneā€™s inability to clear your pipe as a public inconvenience, hence a lot of public conversation, where as your dissapointment us private.

So when private inconvenieces are publicly aired it can be a bit dirty and smelly:)

No harm airing your thoughts in public but some users of the forum may be down wind of your air :joy:

This might be true and i stop now. I have sayd what i wanted to say.

Yes, they are backported to previous versions. See Android Security and Update Bulletins  |  Android Open Source Project

You can download the map beforehand on some navigation software (including Google Maps), and then light stuff (esp with Edge aka 2.5G) is going OK. Iā€™ve done this before we had cheap roaming in EU (ie. having entire map of Berlin on FP2). Remote terminal work with Mosh and Tmux or something like Browsh for browser works very well over low bandwidth protocols such as 2G or tunneling such as IPv4 over DNS (iodine) etc.

1 Like

True, this can happen, it also depends on the rooting method and how it is obfuscated. Its a cat and mouse game. It also occurs with stuff using Widevine (such as Netflix).

You can also have a bootloader and have two options, one with rooted, and one normal. Then you have to reboot for these apps, but you would have a rooted phone otherwise.

it looses money because my employies cant call customers back. 6 weeks inā€¦ i might call a lawer on an iphone.

Just a stupid question : How do you call back customers who hide their phone numbers ? I think your business could be improved.

1 Like

I would imagine a customer who hides thier number is a bit questionable :lemon:

1 Like

Why ? If I need a service and donā€™t get in touch when I call, I will leave a message and give my phone number.

1 Like

Then no worry about flakey enquirers

well i meant ā€œwithā€ not ā€œonā€ā€¦ english language is pain sometimes

With or on is not important. You can call a lawyer with whatever phone even a dumbphone and I will lose your suit because you donā€™t lose business for the reason you mention.

If nobody picks the phone up, ask the caller to leave their phone number when they record their message. There is an easy workaround in the case you mentioned.

I understand how bad is the situation but it doesnā€™t mean you should choose unrealistic examples :wink:

3 Likes

How does the caller know that this is the only way? In my experience people expect to be called back, because they know you got that missed call notification. If you donā€™t call back it is seen as bad customer service. I get the example.

3 Likes