Software Update: 3.A.0129.20210805 (unknown caller and zero brightness bugs)

The roll outs have to be checked by the networks and carriers. Maybe they did Germany first but the networks are not happy and won’t push it.

It’s not just a Fairphone process

5 Likes

Hey, I haven’t got a Fairphone yet… but I can fully understand how frustrating this issue is. I hope the the update comes in the next week or so.

2 Likes

Hi,
you said: This update will include a fix for the Caller ID issue …
I`m still very disapointed!
There ist still no update and no solution.
Did I miss it?
regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas.

You haven’t missed a thing

The next update, a cure for this one, hasn’t gone wild yet, although there is some notion it is imminent.

Usually, people add a print screen of the update. You can see that it is not the case here so I find strange this information especially because nobody else said the same, not even in France :wink:

Well, for that to happen, you need to have a FP3, be using the standard OS, have Sosh as your operator (OK maybe Orange as well, who knows?), be interested in Android updates, be familiar with the Forum and know enough of the etiquette to leave a screenshot. What’s the probability?
And yes, two people in the other thread have notified having received the update.

3 Likes

Hi, just to confirm it , I could manually find the update. As you can see , security patch level from October the 5th. The original update of this thread was not available for me ( Sosh is my provider). So I had no unknown caller issue and I do not have it after updating at least I had only calls from my contacts but no issue so far

9 Likes

It seems my expectations are too high…

@Mic57 Thanks for the print screen

2 Likes

No such thing as too high, just need to balance it :slight_smile:

I have seriously high expectations but even greater disillusionment, so it can’t get worse.

1 Like

early November, middle or end november? :smirk:

2 Likes

They did not say what year… :thinking:

5 Likes

You haven’t worked in IT then, things are almost ALWAYS delayed. Get comfy :joy:

Some people got the update. It was never announced everybody would receive it at the beginning of November :wink:

1 Like

Not even the people that demanded/need the update the most… German vodafone-customers. They droped the update over europe by cargoplane and it landed in the country left of germany… bravo FP! You had one job…

… only if you’re flying North. I thought they always flew West to East ??? That would explain it! :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately that has happened before with Vodafone Germany, last year its users were also stuck on an old FP3 software version for a while: Android OTA Updates via Vodafone DE

1 Like

Itsounds like it is not the best German provider about updates. I hope the network and the price are good enough to stay with them.

Well not realy. Vodafone-DE is “not so awesome” Allways was and always will be. But in my area its the one with the best network coverage.

edit:

But FP said they worked on it with VF-DE… so VF know about it and the urgency… And now VF does what VF allways do…

I’m not sure what the argument is lately. Fairphone have an update that they send to various networks. If subsequently some networks are happy with the update they will push it to their customers.

So either it wasn’t sent to many networks, which is one query or
it was sent and rejected and is back in Fairphone’s court.

Usually there is a new topic created by Fairphone when the update is ready, so how it has arrived in some French network is an anomaly.

1 Like

After some occasions without mobile network in Berlin (because disabling 4G was a must for me to see caller names) I decided now to switch to the most recent LineageOS (18.1). The 2 issues are gone - and I am happy to use Android 11.

Regards

8 Likes