Secondhand Fairphone

What product(s) are you looking for?

Hi, I would like to buy/kopen/kaufen/acheter un Fairphone secondhand/tweede hands/aus zweiter Hand/d’occasion

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)?

shipped to NL or France

Other, remarks:

first time user/eerste Fairphone

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Hello An Coco,

Welcome to the forum!

I allowed myself to correct your post a bit to be clearer.

But what’s the model of Fairphone you are looking for ?
FP1, FP2, FP3 or FP4? What’s your budget?

4 Likes

Hi Antoine,

thank you for welcoming me. Any Fairphone that has enough memory for about 5 applications. So the choice of the model depends on the adaptation to 4G (not 5G, not needed, not wanted), speed, and storage for applications. Budget: should be a fair offer for the options it has and the life span for the device and pieces of the device. I don’t feel like changing a phone every year, on the contrary: having installed everything, it feels better to keep it for as long as possible. I don’t like all the updates of iPHone, Android and Google that make your phone function more slowely or even cause malfunctioning (battery problems, malware, spyware, internet keeps on switching off at each sleep mode, personal settings are being switched back with each update): very annoying. So hello: fairphone, /e/, protonmail, opera, etc.
Could let me know what to do next?
Kind regards,
An the Coco

1 Like

If you want a Fairphone, that will last for a while, I would go for a FP3(+), as the FP2 lacks support for some modules already and the FP1 has no 4G capabilities.

5 Likes

Hey there Incanus,

Indeed, a fairphone that would last for a couple of years, say 5? Would that be possible? Even longer?

What does a FP3+ more in option than a FP3?

Last but not least, where to find one?

Kind regards

An from Coco

Hi the FP3+ has ‘better’ cameras, and an updated core module to support the updated speaker.

The Fairphone 3+ was launched in August 2020.[15][16] It has upgraded front and rear cameras, improved audio, an increase in the amount of recycled plastic it contains (40% rather than 9%) and Android 10 “Queen Cake”.[15] The rear camera has a larger sensor, intelligent scene detection and a higher dynamic range.[17] The front camera has a bigger sensor and a higher dynamic range.[18] The new cameras and audio are alternatively available as modules that can be swapped in the original Fairphone 3.[15]

The audio improvements cannot be achieved purely by a speaker module upgrade. The speaker module is only for the rear/side speaker and output is only improved if the new core module for the FP3+ is used.[19]
Fairphone 3 - Wikipedia

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks Amoun for your answer. I liked both pictures and the meal you have prepared in it looks pretty amazing. I can safely look for a FP 3 or 3+ I think from the answers. The point is: how do I find one?
Tnx, An_Coco

I have found the FPh formum page: ‘market’-‘offer’ in the search option, where various FP (parts) are on offer. Some second hand phones are expensive, they maintain their value just as iPhones. Is that intentional?

That’s questionable.

I have two FP3+ at £450 in good order, 18 and 16 months old and I would ask £230 max if I were to sell.

But there is a value in the FP3+ that goes beyond the material value. Not many were produced so that’s an added value, and I doubt I would ever sell mine. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 168 days. New replies are no longer allowed.