Searching for Fairphone 2 Top Module (5MP)

What product(s) are you looking for?

Searching Fairphone 2 Top Module (5MP)

Part Nr. FP-REC02

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)?

Switzerland

Other, remarks:

See in shop

Thank you.

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

Please note, the Part # does not really tell you much about the MP oft the Camera. Not sure if there are REC02 with 2 MP, but there are def. REC01 with 5MP.

And how do you then know if it’s a 2 MP or a 5 MP module?

What? I posted the link to the shop in my message already. Why do you post it again?

My question was: If a 2 MP and 5MP module has the same part # how you you know which one you have.

Yes I see that Oops! and I’ve been looking at other posts and note the part no issue :blush:

This depends on the OS that is installed. With FPOS you can just look it up in the settings under about the phone and hardware. Else you could see in the settings of the camera app

I actually own to FP2 both with 5MP top module, 1 is REC02 the other is REC01

1 Like

Of course you can see it in the settings…

But this was not my question: If you have two modules on your table, both with part # FP-REC01 - how do you see which is the 2MP and which is the 5 MP.

After all the posts here it seems that you can’t see it - you have to put it in the FP2 at first and look in the settings.

Strange.

Maybe the 002 model is always 5Mp and the one from the shop is clearly that.

So if you are looking for a second hand one the owner will be able to tell from the settings.

@anon9989719 not sure why you need to repeat what I wrote? The only way to buy is second hand!

As far as I knowand to be sure, putting it into the FP is the only way, luckily its quite easy to change the modules…

OK you’re telling me again that I’m not paying enough attention, I suppose the one in the shop is unavailable but on my viewing there is no indication that it is not available.

Ah! when I try to actually buy I only see the 2Mpx that must be what you mean ~ I’m getting there.

version 2 is now out of stock,

It’s a way a child learns ~ they repeat what they hear and adapt :slight_smile:

2 MP has only two circles in the camera, while 5MP has three.

2MP:

5MP:

Edit: Uploaded a better photo for 5MP

6 Likes

The only problem when you buy it second hand… if you bought a “5MP” and you only see it in the settings of FP2 that you got a “2MP” - you have a small problem…

Oh great - thanks or the photo… Hmm - but I don’t really understand what you mean with "circles "

I would say trust the people selling that they are not cheating you…however, Alex provided a solution

1 Like

2MP:

5MP:

Not very well drawn, but that’s the idea.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot - makes it very clear. :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.