[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Unofficial LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

I can’t really say that. Where do you see this the most?

The second screenshot is from a random phone from the Internet, but I know for a fact it was on the FP3 on almost all roms I tested. All have been Android 10 based: LOS, /e/, FPOS, RR (GSI) & AOSP (GSI). And it was working on all of them, the screen becomes REALLY responsive and smooth if you put it to the max and also games stopped having microstutters. The only workaround I found was to change cpu governor to “performance” but it drains the battery and improves the responsiveness of the screen only very slightly, however it removes the microstutters.

Like @Alex.A said, I mean the issue from the screenshot, I just wanted to have a complete list of the issues I discovered for convenience, but I guess I instead caused more confusion :smiley: sorry man.

There is an option, it says if enabled, you can swipe your fingerprint sensor to bring up your notifications. But if enabled it does nothing if you swipe it. But I guess if it is true what @Alex.A is saying, the hardware is not capable, so I guess this option should get removed/hidden instead.

Hell yeah! Thanks for all your efforts! :hearts:

For example if I have a homescreen full of icons and I swipe up the appdrawer, the stuttering is insane. When I type a text, some key-“presses” don’t get registered at all, I guess it is because of something like a low pollingrate of the touchscreen? Scrolling through youtubes feed is also stuttering like crazy. As soon as I set it to high performance, everything I mentioned is not there anymore, the phone feels really really smooth. Out of a sudden I can type text twice as fast, I am better in games, ect. An easy way to test the difference is the game Stack from Ketchapp. It is stuttering and unplayable on the default settings, change the settings and it is just sooooooo smooth.

Well, not for me… I tried both, really no problems.
I tried a screen recording, but I don’t know whether that’s really representative… I could make that available, as a reference

1 Like

Thanks for checking this out. That’s weird, since I experienced it on all Roms I tested and I can’t imagine how this could be a hardware issue, since after changing this setting, everything is fine. But maybe it is??

I’m pretty sure it isn’t representative sadly.

I remember there has been stuttering on /e/ and LOS, but this was in early versions and is fixed for some time now…

1 Like

This development and potential official LOS 18.1 ROM sounds so sweet! Is it a collaboration with /e/?

I currently use the official ROM with Android 10. My counterparts are hearing an echo when they talk to me in any video- or voice calling apps. Does anyone know if that issue is resolved in this unofficial LOS 18.1 ROM?

1 Like

I shall update this build with April Security updates because it looks like the build will still take time to go official as I have not heard back from maintainer yet.

I can fix only NFC but I have not yet found any solution to the display size issue.

Regards,
TeamB58.

5 Likes

Hey there @TeamB58 ,
are there any updates on this topic, I am curious :sweat_smile:
Thanks for your awesome work so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have not yet heard back from @dk1978 on what the plan on official update would be. If it’s going to be delayed then I shall plan for another update.

Hi,
and sorry to keep you waiting. I think we should go for the 18.1 release once the display issue is resolved.

4 Likes

Hey @dk1978 . I am unable to update to the new version.

Again ended up with the vendor project issue. Using 17.1 branch instead of 18.1 but still not working.

Sorry - could you give me some details? What version are you trying to update to?

An example:

I guess we need to extract the blobs with this change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/305303/1 so that it works on 18.1.

Trying to update to latest 18.1 state. Also if possible please update/merge 17.1 changes to 18.1 as well in the proprietary project.

OK. As I see it, we have the commit and the updated extract scripts for the device tree you just linked to, but don’t have suitable *.bp and *.mk files in the vendor 18.1 branch yet which would be the output of the extract scripts. I will get started on fixing that now.

I have worked through all remaining 17.1 issues that I had some hope of fixing. I will test and integrate the FP3 0101 release blobs over the weekend and then rebase the 18.1 work on top of 17.1 as you suggest. Starting next week we do 18.1 and freeze 17.1.

7 Likes

Awesome.
I will rebase and submit the final changes for device project today.

Edit: Upload in progress. Stay tuned. :grinning:

6 Likes

Source updated.

Device HEAD: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/310535

Kernel HEAD: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_sdm632/+/310538

Download: lineage-18.1-20210520-UNOFFICIAL-FP3.zip | by TeamB58 for FP3

What/Where is the changelog for this release, if there is any?
Can I lock the bootloader on it?

Nothing much. Just updated to latest May Security Bulletin of lineage-18.1.

If it works in 17.1 then it will in 18.1 as well. @dk1978 any idea on this question?

Locking the bootloader works on 17.1, so I should also work on 18.1 :slight_smile:

After I realized this is a long weekend :slight_smile: I installed it… I tried mindthegapps, as i need gapps, and opengapps is only a test version, but it did not install, it complained about a low resources device and not enough space. So i went with opengapps test, which seem to work fairly well. Have to root the device again, this somehow did not want to work, but that’s not that urgent. I can’t overcome the minuscule display, though. It does not get the right size after rebooting. Maybe i misunderstood this. Switched to larger text and changed minimum width in developer options. For the rest, it seems everything is working fine

Edit: seems GPS does not listen to baidou and Galileo. Only us and glonass