Right side of touchscreen doesn't work… at all!

Hello everybody!
I am having a little issue with my FP:
The right part of the touchscreen doesn’t work. I just did the 'Touchscreen test for aberrant behavior and what came out was actually quite amusing: an exact rectangle where the screen doesn’t recognize any touches, from the very bottom to the very top with the width of about my thumbnail.

Since the phone is really rather new and I always take good care of it I can’t imagine having damaged it accidentally and broken the screen. Plus so accurately?! (I swear the non working part is a rectangle with a right angle…!)

Can this be a software problem, if yes, can I resolve it?

Thx, Charlotte

If one complete row of sensors is broken/switched of, you might see the behaviour you describe, I presume.

Of course you could try to do a backup (mind, use some proper backup solution, not just the “Backup and restore” app which came pre-installed) and do a factory reset. If you have to send in your phone for repair, there will be a factory reset anyway, so I would suggest to do it yourself.

Any tips about which backup solution I should use? Plus how do I do a factory reset?
Thanks for your help! This is really driving me crazy, I can’t even answer a phone call like this…

You should be able to copy all your files, pictures by connecting via USB to a PC. If Developer mode is activated, you could backup app settings via some developer tools.

Is you screen set to autorotate? How does is behave when it is rotated?

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem with the left side of the screen… For example when typing a text message I cannot use the “q” (In AZERTY). I have to rotate the screen the be able to use the “q”.

It happened after the touchscreen test.

Thank’s for your help.

Contact support (as suggested in the touchscreen test).

It is on autorotate and tilting the phone doesn’t change anything. The bottom/top part doesn’t sense any touch. Good thing however, that way I can at least text people.
No answering phone calls though…
I’ll work on it.

Ok backed up all my data and did the factory reset. Still not working.
Guess I’m sending it in to have it repaired.
Thanks a lot anyways guys!

1 Like

Good Luck, i am pretty sure there should be no issues with replacing, as this is a common issue! Let us know how it worked out.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks again! :smile:

Hello,
I have the same problem here.
What is the solution? Posting a ticket to the support with a picture of a screentest? Sendig in the FP to repair it?

Yes, post a ticket to support with a picture of a screentest so that support can give to details how to send your phone to them.

If you think you have a hardware defect, I would suggest to ask the support team how to proceed and what to do.

"Hi, sorry, I couldn’t introduce myself on the right page.
On Friday, January 10th, my FP1 (first batch) suddenly had a problem : the middle part of my screen is not reacting anymore. I found the following thread and did as requested ( ✏ How to test your touchscreen for abberant behaviour (is it a hardware or software failure?) ) I took a photo but it seems I can’t upload it here…
I can no longer use my fairphone as the middle screen is where most of the useful touches are (including the numbers to enter the pin).

I sent 2 mails and added the photo to support and i still haven’t heard from them… Anybody can help? Is my fairphone already dead ? I bought it only 2 years and a half ago… I am so disappointed.
Thank you in advance.

Here is the photo

To speed up the process you could call them. The phone number can be found at the bottom of this page.

Thank you very much for replying. I thought of it but English is not my
language (I’m French) and I don’t know if I could explain very well the
problem by phone.

They have francophones in the team. I’m sure they would be very happy to help you in French.

Thank you again, I 'll try.
I love my Fairphone and I’m so proud to be a part of this wonderful
adventure !
Have a good day.

1 Like

Please come back after you have tried it and tell us about your experience! :slight_smile: